Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ? >

Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ?

Husqvarna Viking Designer Diamond Sewing & Embroidery - $1750 is this a good deal ?

Old 02-25-2011, 11:14 AM

they might be stolen
Old 02-25-2011, 11:20 AM

I don't know if it not a dealer I would shy away. Dealer give you classes, and all sorts of help. You will need it with the Diamond, I just bought one and NOT for that...but my dealer gives lessons, has clubs, and anytime there is a question or problem they help. That is priceless.
The software that goes with it needs some instruction(anyway for me it did).
Do as you wish but buyer beware I would say..
Old 02-25-2011, 01:19 PM

I don't think its a good deal.I bought mine for 1000.00, new with everything that you have listed. I bought it at Jo Anns.in a corner there is viking machine dealer. They are on sale now there. So you should check around or even go to Husk web site online. Mary
Originally Posted by KellyK
Is it a good machine? Is it a good price? I just found this for sale locally with less than 24 hrs time actual use for the machine, including all feet/hoops/accessories. I tried to research it but all the links I could find show them at almost 7k dollars. So should I snap it up? I've driven cars that cost less (much less lol) but I'm tired of fighting my machine and I think DH is tired of hearing me curse at it = ) so he would not really have any issues...

thoughts please!
Old 02-25-2011, 01:20 PM

The Diamond retailed for $10-12K at my local dealer when they first came out less than 5 years ago -beware.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:26 PM

I bought mine last year tho.
Originally Posted by krisgray
The Diamond retailed for $10-12K at my local dealer when they first came out less than 5 years ago -beware.
Old 02-25-2011, 01:45 PM

If you found this on ebay, be very careful. If some one contacts you and telling you that they want the money sent anywhere other than pay-pal, send a spoof message to ebay. Now as for the Diamond they sell new for over $6000.00 Be very careful of whoever is selling it for that price. Get everything in writing. Good deals can be found, but look at it as though it is a scam. Ask lots of questions and if the deal is legitimate the person will be glad to answer them. Viking stands behind their machines and if this is for real make sure you talk to a viking dealer. They may tell you is only has so many hours on it but did you know you can set the hours back to zero your self, but a dealer can tell you ifthere are more hours on it by looking on the inside of the machine.
Old 02-25-2011, 02:42 PM

CL in my area is offering the Bernina 830 for the same price. Scam, scam, scam!!!!! It is too good.
Judi

Originally Posted by KellyK
Is it a good machine? Is it a good price? I just found this for sale locally with less than 24 hrs time actual use for the machine, including all feet/hoops/accessories. I tried to research it but all the links I could find show them at almost 7k dollars. So should I snap it up? I've driven cars that cost less (much less lol) but I'm tired of fighting my machine and I think DH is tired of hearing me curse at it = ) so he would not really have any issues...

thoughts please!
Old 02-25-2011, 03:06 PM

great price and a wonderful machine
Old 02-25-2011, 03:48 PM

May be too good to be true but keep in mind, imho, you'll have no recourse if the machine has issues and you may have to still go to a dealer to figure the machine out. I got an SE through my local dealer (a trade in) and was relieved because 3 weeks after purchase, the head went and it was under dealer warranty. I also got the lessons I needed on the machine and now I am happy and the machine runs fine. I would go with a dealer on a big purchase like this.
Old 02-25-2011, 03:50 PM

It's a great price!!!! Five years ago I paid more than that for my Designer 1 on eBay, & it worked perfectly!! I got a great deal then, so it IS possible to get great deals on eBay. Just make sure to have an open communication with your seller. Establish a rapor with them. If you can't, or it just doesn't feel right, then back out!!!! Good luck!!! The Vikings are great machines!!!