Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am brain dead and need your help with quilt zippers >

I am brain dead and need your help with quilt zippers

I am brain dead and need your help with quilt zippers

Old 02-22-2014, 11:25 AM

Default I am brain dead and need your help with quilt zippers

If pictures were available it would help my dead brain. I have the Viking Mega Quilter and the original Inspira frame (with the top shelf) I cannot get my brain to figure out WHERE TO ATTACH THE ZIPPERS.
Are there just two sets of zippers and which leaders (or ends) to atach them to?

Both the top and backing have two ends---thats 4 zippers???? See I am brain dead.
I would be grateful for your help.
Jeanne
Old 02-22-2014, 11:42 AM

I'm not familiar with your machine setup, but from my own experience..........."Take a Break"......"Walk Away".....get a cup of coffee, soda, take a walk, whatever it takes to distress. After that it might be a bit more clear. jmho
Old 02-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Power Poster

I guess it depends on how you want to load your quilt. (I don't use zippers, so take this information with a grain of salt.) You would want zippers for the top and bottom of the backing for sure. If you float your top, that's it. I don't think anyone attaches the top of the quilt top to a leader - so you don't need one there. If you attach the bottom of your quilt top to a leader, you would have a zipper there. If you want the zippers because you will be taking one unfinished quilt off the frame in order to work on a different quilt, then you will need additional "half" zippers for each quilt that has been taken off. There's a lot of information about the zipper system here - http://stores.longarmconnection.com/quick-zip-system/