Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am embarassed..... >

I am embarassed.....

I am embarassed.....

Old 08-03-2010, 03:20 PM

Thanks for the reminder to check the small stuff when experiencing a problem with a machine. I always have a slow learning curve when I take out another machine after putting it away for a while. I have one machine that I only use at workshops, and I have to remember what it likes each time I want to use it!

And I like to put the bobbin in backwards!
Old 08-03-2010, 03:31 PM

If you were never shown, it's ignorance not stupidity. So many different machines out there, you can't know the way to do it unless you get informed by either reading or being shown.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:39 PM

One day when sewing on my Pfaff 1229, all of a sudden it stops, , , ,dead! OK put it away and used one of my other machines, saved up for months to take it in to the shop to get it fixed, after all it was my old work horse. Finally have the money saved drove into town to the Pfaff shop, told them it probally needed a new fuse or some thing, he says lets see, takes it out pluged it in and away it went purring away like nothing was ever wrong! I asked "what did you do to it?" he said "I pluged it in " LOL color me super red, plug had worked loose, so make sure every thing is pluged in too. but I saved so much on repairs that I got me another machine, LOL
Old 08-03-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by lalaland
I sewed on my Kenmore Elite for nearly 20 years before I realized that I had been inserting the bobbin in with the thread going in the wrong direction. It had it's little glitches but I figured it was just one of those things and for the most part it sewed great. DUH!!!!!!

With the old Coats and Clark thread, with those darn slits cut in the top to hold the thread tales, I always put my top spool on so the thread comes from the back vs. the front, that way the thread never got caught in the slit. Never had a problem.
Glad to jear that! I get so outdone with those spools with the nitch for thread tails. Never thought of turning the spool around,LOL
Old 08-03-2010, 04:55 PM
Power Poster

Don't be embarassed. We have all done something similar.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:16 PM

It is such a comfort to know that other people do the same things I do. We're all in this together, and a few mistakes don't hurt anyone.
Old 08-03-2010, 05:55 PM

I'm doing something wrong with my Brother CS 100.
It hums along quite well with straight stitching, but for a
zig zag it pulls up the bottom threads and the color
shows up on the top layer.

I read the manual when I first got it a couple of years
ago, or at least I intended to. Lost it and will most likely
have to go online to see if I can find one there.

Otherwise it is a good machine, sews tightly with the
zig zags but it only bothers me when I use a different
color in the bobbin. Which is a different one from my Singer,
darn it. I know I"m using the correct bobbin. I'm sure of that.
Any ideas?
Old 08-03-2010, 06:40 PM
Dee

My first Kenmore with the discs-well for the longest time they wouldn't fit or go until DH pushed it down and away it went never stopped until 26 yrs later.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by retired2pa
OMG....I'm so glad I'm not the only one that has embarrassed myself more than once with something so simple.....LOL
I am laughing at all of you who admit to doing foolish yet simple things with their machines. I just brought mine home from the sewing mach. hospital & it was loaded with lint. Talk about feeling stupid since I didn't really know how to clean it. That suggestion of if all else fails, read instructions sounds like a good idea now. LOL

The woman who took my mach. in suggested I don't use Coats & Clark thread after seeing it on my mach. . Said it puts off lint very badly so it's wiser to use better thread. Sure opened my eyes.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:04 AM

I have had my Viking Sapphire870Q for over a year, and I am still learning wonderful things about it. Love love love it