Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am feeling really stupid now >

I am feeling really stupid now

I am feeling really stupid now

Old 05-28-2011, 08:39 AM

Just checked your location, thought I would run by your GMIL's house to help her break the machine down!:-)
I also understand how you feel, however, you could take the long arm with the understanding if she ever wanted it back you would return, of if she wanted to come to ykour house to work on something, that would be o.k also
Old 05-28-2011, 08:41 AM

I would have done the same thing, even though I would just about give my first born to have a LA. Like I would have the space, anyway. I think you did the right thing, that is a huge purchase to just give away. I know I would feel guilty if someone gave me something that big, even family.
What you can do to drop the hint is ask her to quilt your next quilt. She will likely say she can't do it and repeat her offer of giving it to you.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:43 AM

I wish that I could offer to pay her for the long arm but we don't have the money to do that. and the worse part is that she lives in CA. while I am in MO. I was thinking of emailing her to see if she really does want to get rid of it and if hubby will be up for it to pay for the shipping. I would deffinatly offer to do all the tops that she would send out. they wont be perfect but it would be free.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:44 AM

I think grandma deserves a visit & if she really wants to give/loan it to you, you can bring it home with you.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by donnajean
I think grandma deserves a visit & if she really wants to give/loan it to you, you can bring it home with you.
I agree!!!
K
Old 05-28-2011, 09:41 AM

You were shocked! I would have been too! Call her back and ask her if she was serious ~ you would love to have it. =) And offer to pay for shipping...that will make you feel better.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:45 AM

You said the right thing, She just bought it so let her hang on to it for a while and see if she will use it more. If not then in a couple of years ask her for it.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:23 AM

Call Her on the phone and talk to her. As a Grandma when I offer something to my kids or GKs, if they don't want it and I don't want it, I'll think of someone else who just might want it.

Get on that phone right now. Don't email her, make a personal phone call!! Show her you ARE indeed interested in it, and confess to her you were worried at her paying all that money for it and not getting any good out of it. BUT you do want it. desire it, are in raptures at the very idea.

TALK TO GRANNY RIGHT NOW. SHE JUST MIGHT BE ON THE PHONE OR EMAIL TO SOMEONE ELSE, ASKING IF THEY WANT IT.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:24 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by MelodyWB
I would have said..I'll help pay postage..lol..!!
that was my first thought
Old 05-28-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
I wish that I could offer to pay her for the long arm but we don't have the money to do that. and the worse part is that she lives in CA. while I am in MO. I was thinking of emailing her to see if she really does want to get rid of it and if hubby will be up for it to pay for the shipping. I would deffinatly offer to do all the tops that she would send out. they wont be perfect but it would be free.
I think this would be a win/win solution! Keep us posted!