Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I am going to Mary Jo's

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Minnesewta-sam
    Love the place! I'll get to go again in a couple weeks when I am in the Carolinas'. Back by the restrooms, there is a table of misc. deals on fabrics...also there are FQ tables in that area for $1. You may have to ask where it is because you can't see it from the bolt area. Have fun!
    Thanks for the hint. I hope the weather is better when you get here. We are at the beach and it has been really cold and rainy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kriscraft99
    oh how exciting! I live 2 hours from there and it is such a wonderful place :)

be prepared... they don't have buggies, you have to get a paper slip when you walk in at the customer service counter. You grab a few bolts, go get them cut and put the cuts in a hand held basket. Once the basket gets full - check out, take it to the car - go for lunch and then come back :)

it is an amazing place!

have fun
    Had to pass it by last week. :-( (Got a late start on our travel time.) I have several big canvas totes, like boat bags. They hold about 10 bolts each. I keep it on the floor next to me, and just drag and fill. When full, I park it next to the cutting counter, and start on another bag. Hubby stays in the van and sleeps most of the time. When it's too hot to veg out in the van, he brings in his computer and occupies one of the few chairs near the rest rooms. Lots more trips scheduled this spring and summer . . . CU there.

oh you lucky girl...I love MaryJos..we go a couple times a year on our way to Florida...I have to take a tote box in the truck for all my finds...heheheh...have fund and take a list so you don't miss what you really need..heheheh

I spent the day there with the quilt guild. How did we get all that stuff on the bus?! AS she said, pea green with envy.

Wear your tennis shoes and bring a list of what you really need.. because you will get blown away and forget what you originally came for!! I used to live in Huntsville Al and I would load up 4 of my girlfriends and we would drive 8 hours to go to Mary Jos... and stay overnite ... loved every minute..bought enough for 4 quilts at one time and my other girlfriend got her daughter's wedding dress fabric and lace there..we had a blast!
    Enjoy! (I am so jealous!)
    Hugs
    Quiltinmama

Maybe I should send you a shopping list and some $$$.

Can I go with you? LOL My family would say NOOOOO! Have a great time and enjoy yourself.

Blog Entries
    It is a WONDERFUL place.They have buys on everything! Check out presser feet & specialty feet for your machine. I even bought some stone ground grits!

Quote Originally Posted by Lori S
    Maybe I should send you a shopping list and some $$$.
    That a good idea too! Mary Jo's has everything!

Wow! You are so fortunate. For 14 years I lived near Gastonia and went to Mary Jo's weekly. I love that store! Now I call and order supplies occasionally. They are a wonderful store with which to do business. I have had only great experiences with Mary Jo's.

I am so blessed to live so close to Mary Jo's! (about 45 minutes away) I cant go there too often or I would be broke. I took my visiting SIL there in February (she is a practicing fabriholic too) and her eyes were bulging as she looked at acres of fabric! There was actually a couple of tour buses there! We had such a wonderful time.

I am lucky enough to live in Gastonia, close to MaryJo's. I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE it there. I have met and talked with MaryJo and she is a hard working woman. She will tell you that she never buys anything that she would not use herself. Her prices are good and the quality GREAT. LOts of Batiks (take a look at the ones with gold and silver) and lots of novelties. If you are interested in reupholstering, there is plenty of that as well.And of course, bridal and........It just goes on and on. You will have fun. Her fusible pellon is the best price around.Have fun and take plenty of $$$$. Donna

Good thing that I don't live in N.C.!

I live 2 miles from Mary Jo's and go about twice a week! I'm so spoiled.

Blog Entries
    Truly wonderful store with great prices, was only there once with my DIL who lives in Charlotte,NC. I think that might be a great reason to go see my grandsons, like I need a reason to do that anyway. I will definitely go there again on my next trip.

Power Poster
    Have yourself a great time, Mcdaniel023! Show us what you find! It's great that your hubby is helping you! Since you have someone to carry all your purchases, you can buy more! Enjoy your day at Mary Jo's!

Yay! My favorite place in the whole world although I have to admit I go on overload about five minutes after I walk through the door. Have fun!

Blog Entries
    Mcdaniel, I wish I could meet you there in the morning.. :( I would love to meet some of you wonderful ladies and gentlemen that live so close to me...

KLO
    Blog Entries
    I went to MaryJo's this past Tuesday with several other ladies from my small quilt group. We usually try to go 2 to 3 times a year. Originally I said I was not going to make the trip because I did not need to be buying fabric now but at the last minute I decided to go in order to get some fabric for pillowcases that I am making for my two grandsons. Well, I ended up spending more than the others who had planned the trip! But most of it is for those pillowcases: Spongebob, Cat in the Hat, soccer kids, etc. ..... honest!!! MaryJo was out on the flour working with the fabrics. Unbelievable! I think she would like to retire though. She has pretty bad arthritis in her hands. I always stop to talk to her. Wish I lived about an hour closer (I'm about 1 3/4 hours away) so that I did not feel like I had to buy out the store while I am there. lol Have fun shopping!

KLO
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by grandjan
    Yay! My favorite place in the whole world although I have to admit I go on overload about five minutes after I walk through the door. Have fun!
    Isn't that the truth!!! You really do have to have a list or you will go into shock! I still remember my first time there ..... Prices are higher now but still way less than the LQS.

Oh you will have fun. I took my DH too. He was patient, but I think he knew that I would shoot lazers through him if he gripped.

Great! Have fun.

you can also stack bolts at the ends of the cutting tables and put one of their cardboard "HOLD" signs on top until you're ready to get some of them cut. do make sure you pick up a couple of the yardage sheets at the front desk when you come in. i love it when i fill up both the front and back of them. :-) don't take a heavy pocketbook to get in the way. your dear hubby can keep up with the car keys and the money. :-) have fun, fun, fun!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AgapeStitches
    Mcdaniel, I wish I could meet you there in the morning.. :( I would love to meet some of you wonderful ladies and gentlemen that live so close to me...
    That would be fun. Maybe next time? There will be a next time.
    We go to Gatlinburg -3 times a year. I just found out it is only about 3 1/2 hours from there. No problem!

I am going there on my way home to NY State from Paducah!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast