Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: I am going to Mary Jo's

I live about an hour away and go to Mary Jo's often. The first time I went, I was so overwhelmed that I just walked around dumbfounded, not knowing where to start first. I love how most everything is organized into colors and themes. It makes it really easy to shop for something you're in search of. There's also a terrific place in Gastonia that sells thread at amazing prices. They also sell all kinds of embroidery supplies. It's Long Creek Mills on Webb Street. They sell a lot of craft items, too. Large cones of embroidery thread sell for $4 which is less than what a mini king spool costs. Mini king spools average about $2. I always make it a point to go there as well as Mary Jo's when I'm in Gastonia. Have a great time!

Blog Entries
    I used to live 15 minute from there and still love to go. When the boys were small, I had to say we're going to "harry moe's" to keep them from being totally miserable during the trip there. Needless to say, it's better if you can find a way to leave kids at home.
    The selection is amazing especially for quilting cottons and prices are really good. Hope you leave with all you see that you want otherwise you'll be dreaming about your next trip!

I lived in Phoenix, AZ when I first heard about Mary Jo's. We were scouting places to retire in NC somewhere. A friend at the local quilt guild told me to be sure to find a place close to Mary Jo's. We have since settled in TN but we still visit regularly. I have never ventured past the quilting and notions dept. They also have upholstery, bridal, wool, etc. My dream is to be locked in over the weekend, but I guess they would have to leave the lights on. You will see people visiting from all over the world. I have never seen another fabric store with as much to offer. Ann in TN

I'm so jealous!!! That's one of my favorite fabric shops.
    Have fun, Kutnso

Blog Entries
    I got to go when I visited my daughter in NC. We stopped on the way to her house from the airport. I couldn't buy much, because it had to go home on the plane with me, and I didn't want to check a bag. So, I was careful, but still bought my maximum amount possible. I could have spent another couple of hours at least, but my 2 year old grandson was already DONE with that activity!! LOL I hope I can go again next time I visit them. It is like Quilter's Paradise!!! :-)

Blog Entries
    Speaking of Mary Jo's check out the Blog that came out today.
    http://www.maryjoscloth-design.blogspot.com/

Oh I love Mary Jo's, DH will need that patience We got lost in there for four hours, there is so much to see. ENJOY! Wish I could go again....

I haven't heard of Mary Jo's either. Sounds like it's a little to far for a day trip for me. :thumbdown:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by olebat
    Speaking of Mary Jo's check out the Blog that came out today.
    http://www.maryjoscloth-design.blogspot.com/
    Thank you!!! I just went to her blog, and it's fantastic!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Lucky you, wish I could go too!

we took our little granddaughter with us once in her fold up umbrella stroller. when she was ready to get up and walk around some, that little stroller surely did come in handy to carry around our bolts and already cut fabrics. but, it did take us months to get all of the strings unwrapped from around the wheels. lol :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CorgiNole
    Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
    I've never heard of Mary Jo's. What/where is it?
    Thanks.
    Mary Jo's is a huge fabric store in Gastonia NC with great prices.

Cheers, K
    OMG!!! My son lives in NC and I can't wait to visit him again. I'll find this place while I'm there. Thanks for the info!!

Blog Entries
    I forgot about LOng Creek Mills!!!! They are less than 5 miles from Mary Jo's going west on 74 (Franklin Blvd)!!!! Thanks for the reminder.

Quote Originally Posted by stitchinfrenzy
    I live about an hour away and go to Mary Jo's often. The first time I went, I was so overwhelmed that I just walked around dumbfounded, not knowing where to start first. I love how most everything is organized into colors and themes. It makes it really easy to shop for something you're in search of. There's also a terrific place in Gastonia that sells thread at amazing prices. They also sell all kinds of embroidery supplies. It's Long Creek Mills on Webb Street. They sell a lot of craft items, too. Large cones of embroidery thread sell for $4 which is less than what a mini king spool costs. Mini king spools average about $2. I always make it a point to go there as well as Mary Jo's when I'm in Gastonia. Have a great time!

Temple, TX (Transplanted from New York 2010)
    Does Mary Jo's have an online website?? I would really like to know? Thanks

debra

Quote Originally Posted by cny_sewer39
    Does Mary Jo's have an online website?? I would really like to know? Thanks

debra
    Yes they do , its a bit more difficult to find stuff than most , but worth it.
    http://maryjos.com/

Blog Entries
    We are home and I am going to post a new post with all of my beauties. I LOVED Mary Jo's. DH says we are going back in the fall....so I only bought what I thought I would use before then...at least that is what I told him. ;)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
    We are home and I am going to post a new post with all of my beauties. I LOVED Mary Jo's. DH says we are going back in the fall....so I only bought what I thought I would use before then...at least that is what I told him. ;)
    Welcome back!! I can hardly wait to see your treasures!!!

Blog Entries
    OH MY GOD!!!!! just went there a months ago and it was great...the prices are not too bad....maybe you should go with some what of a plan that way you can keep yourself in check...
    enjoy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3