Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I am ready.....

I am ready.....

I don't know about all of you, but I am ready to shut myself in my sewing room and hibernate! I haven't had time with the busy Christmas season to do much sewing and I am having withdrawl symptoms!

I am with you! Would love to have a sew-a-thon with no interruptions! I have so many UFO's that I would love to tackle and work on. So glad the busy time of year is over. And-----Christmas comes on the same day every year and I seem to be always behind on shopping and wrapping!!!!!

Totally agree! It feels like a craving...

I'm with you also! Both my husband and I have been really ill with a virus and my sewing was put on hold. Today, I feel great and am heading for the sewing room as soon as the cleaning service leaves. I need to make a quilt sandwich of a quilt that I had planned to give my sister for Christmas. Hopefully, I can start quilting it this afternoon. It will be so good to be sewing again!

I agree! I'm ready for some healthy doses of sewing and quilting time. Catch up on a few things!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Know the feeling! Finally got in my sewing room yesterday. Got one Christmas gift finished and another only still lack less than 1/4 of the final hand stitching in the binding. WhooHoo!

Blog Entries
    i'm with you. i just sent an email notice to cancel my volunteer driving for the winter. and our senior quilters don't meet during january.... so maybe i can get some practice on my new frame!
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Me too. After all the dinners, I could not sleep. So what was on my mind? What should I start quilting? UFOs? Nope, let's start something new, something easy just to get it out of my system and then onto something that takes more concentration. Hubby is off fishing so I have the day to myself. Laundry and cleaning are done and I am off to the play room.

I feel the same way! Wish I could sew too, but we moved last month and are in temporary housing for the next year or so which means I will lose all that creative time. I couldn't find my sewing machine if my life depended on it!

I'll just visit here and look at photos of all the pretty projects!

I'm with all of you. I've been quilting in the great room, waiting for the family room to be finished with my sewing station, cutting island, etc - for two years! Had to put everything away for the Holidays so haven't done any sewing. DH has the electrician & plumber lined up to finish the family room and he ordered the formica for the top of my stuff. Hopefully it won't be long!

Blog Entries
    I am ready to. I know what UFO I want to get working on but to busy to get at it. Now maybe thing will settle down and I can get in there.
    Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind see.
    mark Twain

Super Member citruscountyquilter's Avatar
    I'm just the opposite. I need a break from sewing. I made a lot of Christmas gifts and finished them on December 23. I have a baby quilt to make before the third week in January. I'm going to take a few days off before I start that.

Oh honey I am soooo ready to pack a whole pile of snacks (and the coffee machine) into my sewing room, close the door and CREATE!!!! I had to put off finishing my current project because of other Christmas and family related projects. I am desperate to finish this UFO because my DH has fallen in love with it and I hoped to have it ready for Christmas--now hoping for Valentines Day.

Plus just found out that a beloved niece is pregnant. Absolutely need to do something very special for this baby. That will be the next thing on my agenda.
    Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down the their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by sewmany View Post
    Totally agree! It feels like a craving...
    Me too!! We just had our family Christmas day yesterday, the day after Christmas to accommodate some work schedules, so I had everything put up for almost a week--I am going through withdrawals.....Everyone doesn't leave until Sunday, so I will get my "fix" Sunday afternoon!!!

Blog Entries
    My Christmas tree is where my sewing table/machine goes and until the tree comes down I can't sew! Today is supposed to be the family Christmas with my side of the family and they are coming in to St. Paul from Menomonie, Wisconsin, Danbury, Wisconsin and Lonsdale, Minnesota. Last night while I was safely and warmly cuddled in the arms of Morpheus, we got dumped on. It is a beautiful light fluffy snow, but enough to keep everyone at home for probably another week, and if I know Minnesota like I know Minnesota, this will probably continue on a weekly basis until, oh, probably June!!!!!!

My brain is going nutso thinking of what designs I am going to use for this quilt and what colors I am going to use for this quilt and how many are on the agenda for 2015. Looks like about six or seven!!!! I don't make to sell, only to give so I really not on any deadline, but while I am working on one, I am seeing the next one in my mind.

Well, Happy New Year all of you. Have a great 2015. Edie
    Home is where the rags of your life are turned into quilts, lemons become lemonade and a few extra pounds are simply welcomed as "more of you to love."
    I am so confused. I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse."

BELIEVE

Blog Entries
    I was lucky to do a few projects before Christmas but now have my house to myself again. No appointments until the New Year. I intend to do something everyday without interruption. Yippee!!!

I've made 3 cat pin cushions 3 microwave dishes and 8 panels for a beautiful tissue box cover, 4 left to go. Also have several more microwave bowls to make and will be doing coasters/mug rugs. Then have a couple of handbags (for which I've embroidered the squares) to finish. I also hope to finish 3 quilts within the next 6 months. Two are pieced, the third, the blocks are made.

Boy! I'm going to have a busy time next year. Will also attend two Pilates classes as well as quilt group once a week.

My quilt room had to be cleaned up so the grown sons could stay. Been over a week now. I love having them here but I must admit I'm counting down the days I'll have my room back
    Erin

Blog Entries
    Just the opposite. I quilted and finished up gifts until Christmas eve.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    We didn't have anyone or go anywhere! So I've been reorganizing and downsizing. Neighbor came over with her DGD and got makeup on DH quilt top. So I have to redo couple blocks. Make up and lip gloss do not come out easily. Luckily enough material of same fabric left. So will recover. My other neighbor who was going to show me how to quilt on her machine is now in the hospital with heart problems and is also diabetic. Oh well! Will take care of it myselfand do best Ican.

You're preaching to the choir Sister, I am ready to lock that door and not come out !

I sewed for several hours yesterday. I'm almost done with #1 clue of the mystery quilt I'm making.
    Sharon in Texas

I am ready to do some sewing too! I straightened up some in the sewing room. But I have to put away a stack of fabric before I will feel good about sewing. Oh well, at least I will be touching my textiles. I love that part too.

Between doing Christmas dinner for the whole family and that car running into my house, I have been pretty stressed and busy.
    Last edited by RedGarnet222; 12-27-2014 at 09:18 AM.
    RedGarnet222

"Take your needle, my child, and work at your pattern ... It will come out a rose by and by. Life is like that ...one stitch at a time, taken patiently."
    *Oliver Wendell Holms

I am sew ready to sew again! Loved the holidays with my family but I am ready to spend some time sewing by myself. I picked up a bunch of fat quarters before Christmas and I can't wait to get started making things with them.
    I am too POSITIVE to be doubtful, too OPTIMISTIC to be fearful and way to DETERMINED to be defeated.

Put me in isolation too! Spent the last two day in the sewing room...but not sewing a stitch. Cleaned the room, sorted, washed (19 loads) and stored 11 boxes of gifted fabric, cleaned out the fabric storage closet, sorted books, patterns and magazines......was so tempted to start a block with the patterns I sorted....was disciplined (yuck) found several UFO's....so a day of happy sewing is coming up! The 3am bed time is starting to wear me out!
    Deb Watkins - I woke up today on the right side of dirt. It is a good day.

I too am ready to retreat to the sewing room. Probably need to do a bit of cleaning first, but I am ready to do some sewing for me!! It has been very busy this holiday season - and I did not get everything accomplished as gifts that I wanted to do and only got 1 panel out of 8 done for a paper pieced Tree Skirt. Who knows - I might get an early start for those gifts for next year!
    Betty

A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul.

http://notesfrommoosehaven.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast