Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am ready..... >

I am ready.....

I am ready.....

Old 12-26-2014, 12:33 PM
Power Poster

I am ready to. I know what UFO I want to get working on but to busy to get at it. Now maybe thing will settle down and I can get in there.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:23 PM

I'm just the opposite. I need a break from sewing. I made a lot of Christmas gifts and finished them on December 23. I have a baby quilt to make before the third week in January. I'm going to take a few days off before I start that.
Old 12-26-2014, 06:43 PM

Oh honey I am soooo ready to pack a whole pile of snacks (and the coffee machine) into my sewing room, close the door and CREATE!!!! I had to put off finishing my current project because of other Christmas and family related projects. I am desperate to finish this UFO because my DH has fallen in love with it and I hoped to have it ready for Christmas--now hoping for Valentines Day.

Plus just found out that a beloved niece is pregnant. Absolutely need to do something very special for this baby. That will be the next thing on my agenda.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by sewmany View Post
Totally agree! It feels like a craving...
Me too!! We just had our family Christmas day yesterday, the day after Christmas to accommodate some work schedules, so I had everything put up for almost a week--I am going through withdrawals.....Everyone doesn't leave until Sunday, so I will get my "fix" Sunday afternoon!!!
Old 12-27-2014, 03:25 AM

My Christmas tree is where my sewing table/machine goes and until the tree comes down I can't sew! Today is supposed to be the family Christmas with my side of the family and they are coming in to St. Paul from Menomonie, Wisconsin, Danbury, Wisconsin and Lonsdale, Minnesota. Last night while I was safely and warmly cuddled in the arms of Morpheus, we got dumped on. It is a beautiful light fluffy snow, but enough to keep everyone at home for probably another week, and if I know Minnesota like I know Minnesota, this will probably continue on a weekly basis until, oh, probably June!!!!!!

My brain is going nutso thinking of what designs I am going to use for this quilt and what colors I am going to use for this quilt and how many are on the agenda for 2015. Looks like about six or seven!!!! I don't make to sell, only to give so I really not on any deadline, but while I am working on one, I am seeing the next one in my mind.

Well, Happy New Year all of you. Have a great 2015. Edie
Old 12-27-2014, 06:19 AM

I was lucky to do a few projects before Christmas but now have my house to myself again. No appointments until the New Year. I intend to do something everyday without interruption. Yippee!!!

I've made 3 cat pin cushions 3 microwave dishes and 8 panels for a beautiful tissue box cover, 4 left to go. Also have several more microwave bowls to make and will be doing coasters/mug rugs. Then have a couple of handbags (for which I've embroidered the squares) to finish. I also hope to finish 3 quilts within the next 6 months. Two are pieced, the third, the blocks are made.

Boy! I'm going to have a busy time next year. Will also attend two Pilates classes as well as quilt group once a week.
Old 12-27-2014, 06:52 AM

My quilt room had to be cleaned up so the grown sons could stay. Been over a week now. I love having them here but I must admit I'm counting down the days I'll have my room back
Old 12-27-2014, 07:06 AM
Power Poster

Just the opposite. I quilted and finished up gifts until Christmas eve.
Old 12-27-2014, 07:28 AM
Power Poster

We didn't have anyone or go anywhere! So I've been reorganizing and downsizing. Neighbor came over with her DGD and got makeup on DH quilt top. So I have to redo couple blocks. Make up and lip gloss do not come out easily. Luckily enough material of same fabric left. So will recover. My other neighbor who was going to show me how to quilt on her machine is now in the hospital with heart problems and is also diabetic. Oh well! Will take care of it myselfand do best Ican.
Old 12-27-2014, 08:48 AM

You're preaching to the choir Sister, I am ready to lock that door and not come out !