Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am ready..... >

I am ready.....

I am ready.....

Old 12-28-2014, 06:52 AM

Well I guess I'm in good company then. My room is a total disaster and I can't blame it on Christmas- it was like that before the holiday. Worse now of course. My DH said he is buying me a set of shelves with doors for my sewing room/studio from IKEA. We'll go down to Canton sometime in January to get them. So any time I spend in there will be cleaning, etc. then hopefully I'll work on UFO's.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:00 AM

Wait, Wait ---- car into a house? Where did I miss this? Hope no one was hurt! A N D -- tissue cover holders? Tell me more or refer me to your pattern, please. I tried to make one last year (actually tried twice - a disaster). Any help on that appreciated. HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Old 12-28-2014, 07:56 AM

Oh my gosh a car into a house?! How terrible! I hope no one was hurt!

And as to the question on sewing...me too, me too! I just want to sew after all the company is gone now and the shopping and wrapping is over. I have so many ideas and projects I want to get out of my head and onto fabric! I have a week off before school starts back up and hopefully my shoulder injury will not flare up when I try to cut fabric so I can actually start something new. Otherwise I will just have to keep plugging away on my EPP project. Oh, and I almost forgot I have a JRR2 to sandwich and start quilting on. Woo hoo, either way I'm good to go!
Old 12-28-2014, 08:07 AM

Me too...I can echo your sentiment. We will be moving in the next few months and I'm excited to get a new and bigger sewing room and to be totally organized...hurray!!!!
Old 12-28-2014, 08:36 AM

There was a 'car smashed into house' incident last year about 30 miles from where we live. The driver was a young person driving drunk. The older couple were still in bed sleeping. The man was killed and the wife hospitalized. It was very sad. I believe the driver went to jail but not for long enough - my personal opinion.
Old 12-28-2014, 10:58 AM

All I want to do in the Winter is hibernate. I love to stay home.
Old 12-28-2014, 01:14 PM

We're now back home after a trip to UK for Christmas. It was nice to see family and friends but I too am getting bad tempered due to lack of fabric and thread! The house is now tidy(ish) and DH is going to play golf tomorrow so I think I will just sew, sew and sew some more.
Yippeeee
Old 12-28-2014, 03:46 PM

I need to get creative...
Didn't finish the quilts for Mom and Dad for Christmas...had to do a bit of un-sewing...they have adjustable beds (similar to hospital beds) and they are higher than an average bed. So the twin size had to be enlarged to a double....had to make more of the squares and still need to put the borders back on.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:44 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Oh total agreement .. after I finish an afghan for the front room then I am there !LOL
Old 12-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Power Poster

I have had the last five days off of work.
Went out with the family Christmas eve. Finished sewing on binding on a quilt. I have made a Granddog a pillow, a table topper, a table runner for myself and started a quilt, ready to sew the blocks together. Plus I did laundry and housework and Husband and I went out to dinner tonight.
We don't take vacation, really appreciate these long weekends. Ready to start wrapping up this year at work.