Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I am so proud of my self >

I am so proud of my self

I am so proud of my self

Old 09-22-2011, 03:31 PM

Congratulations on admitting you need help before things got really out of hand. I've watched that show on TV and while I feel like giving some of the people a good swift kick I also feel sorry for them that life has so overwhelmed them that they don't know even where to start to clear & clean.
I bet you'll feel more motivated after it is all organized.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:11 PM

I am so happy for you, please take photos and share your progress with us. You will be so happy with the finished tidy result.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:43 PM

You won't be sorry you took this first step. Best of luck!
Old 09-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Power Poster

Good luck for your plans to get organized. I've seen those shows on TV, where you have to sort through everything out of 3 or 4 rooms in just a few hours, and then throw away half of what you have. Last year we had to downsize and had my family telling me what I had to get rid of and worse yet, throwing things out that I wanted and needed. I had a perfectly good set of thick plastic templates for a double wedding ring qult by Shar Jorgensen, and I know someone threw it out, even though it was in a box saying what it was. My DH wanted me to cut up a large cutting mat, saying that I wasn't using it and he needed it for something else and I could buy another one. I don't want to spend money twice on something I already have, I did that enough before I got myself better organized and labeled everything so that I knew what I had so that I wouldn't go out and buy a duplicate. Yet, he was telling me not to "waste" money. What's wrong with this picture? There are organizers out there that can truly get you organized, but by using a system that YOU can work with, that's a good organizer. My husband, well, he just wanted me to get rid of stuff, even though I had plans to use it. I purged almost half my fabric when I moved and gave it to people and organizations that would use it, BUT I finally drew the line and said I wasn't giving up anything else. Good luck and let us know how you did. I can always use good tips to get myself better organized.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by sguillot
She told me that she had just spent 4 days helping another lady organize her quilting supplies. I did tell her that I wanted nothing to go away and that I wanted to use as many of the containers that I already have. I plan to be very near by just so nothing walks away or gets thrown out. Then what I have duplicates or don't need I will offer them to you guys first then put them in a garage sale. There again, I not letting my stuff go for pennies and if they don't want to pay my price, I would donate it to someone that makes charity quilts or can't afford to buy. I have been in that position and I don't mind giving it to a good cause.
that's good that she understands sewing supplies. You should have a great experience. Please post pics of before and after - we need some inspiration!
Old 09-22-2011, 06:00 PM

How exciting! I'm looking forward to some before and after pictures and maybe you can share some her tips with us.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by grandma sue
Originally Posted by sguillot
She told me that she had just spent 4 days helping another lady organize her quilting supplies. I did tell her that I wanted nothing to go away and that I wanted to use as many of the containers that I already have. I plan to be very near by just so nothing walks away or gets thrown out. Then what I have duplicates or don't need I will offer them to you guys first then put them in a garage sale. There again, I not letting my stuff go for pennies and if they don't want to pay my price, I would donate it to someone that makes charity quilts or can't afford to buy. I have been in that position and I don't mind giving it to a good cause.
that's good that she understands sewing supplies. You should have a great experience. Please post pics of before and after - we need some inspiration!
:wink: :wink: 8-) 8-) ;) ;)

Thank goodness she understands some of the basics of us quilters, I wish I, or a group of us here from the board could come to help! Hopefully when she organizes it can be in a way that none of your great stuff is "hidden" from view so you know just what you have to work with. I moved about 2 years ago, and still have some of my quilting treasures packed away, fun to find them gradually, but wish there were a way to have everything more visable so I didn't by dups... :oops: :oops: :?
Old 09-22-2011, 08:16 PM

Sometimes taking a first step toward a goal is all you need to start, what you really already know how to do. Best of luck
Old 09-22-2011, 09:24 PM

good luck.
Old 09-22-2011, 11:58 PM

Sounds like you will be all ready to go once you get it done. Enjoy your new organized sewing room.