Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I bought the comic book boards. >

I bought the comic book boards.

I bought the comic book boards.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

The Hobby and Game shop here is the only place to buy the boards in my town and they are $12 for 100 but they are not as sturdy as the ones I ordered. I didn't know there was such a difference in the boards.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
Originally Posted by debp33
I bought mine off ebay and the shipping was reasonable. I'm sure it depends on who you are buying them from.

I sure do like "shopping" in my stash!
Very nice! Where did you find those great shelves and dividers?
They are shoe organizers I found on clearance. I used them the right way up and also on their sides. I took out some of the dividers, too. (You can see the unused dividers sitting there on the left.)
Old 03-13-2011, 07:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
I bought mine off ebay and the shipping was reasonable. I'm sure it depends on who you are buying them from.

Very nice! Where did you find those great shelves and dividers?
They are shoe organizers I found on clearance. I used them the right way up and also on their sides. I took out some of the dividers, too. (You can see the unused dividers sitting there on the left.)
They sure work well! Going to have to scout around here for something like that, or a cabinet or something. I have nearly all my fabric on these little boards, or the bigger pieces ruler folded and laying flat like big bolts minus the core. They need a place to be stored. You've got yours so organized...
Old 03-13-2011, 08:02 PM

Hi DEb, Love your fabrics too. Wowsers. I bought my units at Lowe's. Not on sale but still a great deal. I love the comic book boards also. Bella BOo, can't wait to see what you do with your fabrics. I love looking at fabrics.

I stand the boards up and lay them down. Makes them look so much neater and less wrinkles.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]169579[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-169574.jpe  
Old 03-21-2011, 01:30 PM

I just started wrapping my huge stash on these over the weekend. I was thinking of something to clip the last fold to the rest of the "bolt" and thought of those plastic clips that hold new dress shirts to the cardboard. They are called "jet clips" look online for them. I got some from Ebay. Can't wait until I'm all finished making my sewing room look like a quilt store. I have been storing my fat quarters rolled up in pretty baskets from the dollar store. I love thrifty ways to organize.Any more tips anyone?
Old 03-21-2011, 05:56 PM

I stopped today and got form boards at the dollar tree! Someone on the board had said they use them. Please tell me this would be ok to use. I will quarter them which makes them reasonable. I like the looks of the fabric boards. Although I don't plan on having a huge stash (I think)
Old 06-07-2011, 12:22 AM

I bought mine off ebay and the shipping was reasonable. I'm sure it depends on who you are buying them from. I sure do like "shopping" in my stash!
I'm working to get my space to look like yours. I wouldn't shop so much if I could find all my fabric by colors like this! Organization is key now! Thanks for sharing this photo.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Power Poster

:mrgreen: Your stash looks sew beautiful. I also use the backing boards. I have found them to be very easy to cut when I want boards for my fat quarters. I don't have any pictures. My stash doesn't look as neat as yours because I have them in tubs. If I had the room I would love to display them like you. BrendaK
Old 06-07-2011, 02:50 AM

My goodness...this is good. I will by some to send home. I hope I can get my sewing room half a nice and the ones I see here.