Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I was busted..stash

I think you should have said bird nest supplies. Tell him you let the bird pick out his own nesting material whenever he wants to redecorate his nest !!

mamaduck

These comments are so funny. Thanks for the 'stash' confession, even though it was an unwilling one. Now, on to the guest room closet where the fabric is hanging over hangers with extra winter coats hung on top. Camoflauge! Heeheee, keep them guessing!

I had a good reminiscent laugh. My best friend's daughter always called her first MH her "elegant hallway".

Blog Entries
    oops! I have some fabric in my car that I bring in slowly. :)

2 funny

My husband found my "stash" when we moved from Seattle, WA to Twin Falls, ID. He said I had more boxes of fabric than we had of anything else. Then he said "Wow! You must have $300 or $400 dollars of fabric". I never told him differently.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Crafts
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaquilts
    Cute story! Maybe he will built you a cabinet so you don't store it under the chair?
    We live in a motorhome FT, so no chance of that. We really don't have much room. It's like living in a hallway. Ours is an older model and no pull outs. Maybe someday though! :-)
    Could you PM me or (post here) if more people want to know, How you make quilts in a motor home? we are moving this summer and to save money it looks like we will be moving into our brand new 5th wheel for close to 3 months. Less cleaning I will have more time to sew. Looks like a wonderful opportunity if I can just figure out how to cart all my stuff and find room to sew. Any helpful suggestions, hints, tips and tricks. Thank you so much. By the way I hope you find another place for your stash, I would not have thought of under a recliner, not that we will have one n our trailer.

Yeah wooops. I usually do that kind of stuff when my husband isn't looking. :thumbup:

We spend most of the summer in our 24' 5th wheel. It is not large, but it surprises me (and my husband!) how much stuff I can get in it. My husband usually fishes and I quilt, quilt, quilt. I always take both my sewing machine and my serger, cause I love to make baby clothes, too. Then I have my cutting mat and my iron and my small ironing board, my GO cutter + dies, fabrics, batting, notions, etc.
    I have found that there is really a lot of storage in these things. I don't leave everything out when I am not sewing cause there are plenty of places to put everything.
    My husband always says he wonders if there is going to be enough room left for all the things we need, like food, clothes, towels, etc. He hasn't been disappointed yet, though.
    I love sewing in our little 5th wheel!

Power Poster sueisallaboutquilts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icon17
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky Crafts
    My DH has to fix my recliner today. It's broken & has been held up by boxes of my stash & I had bags under there too, to keep my bird from nesting under there & attacking my feet. This morning I had to empty the area to give him room to work. I kept pulling bag after bag out & filled a 30 gallon trash bag with the various bags. He asked me what was in all those bags...oops!! I guess I'd been keeping most of it under wraps all this time as I use it. :-)
    Wonder if THAT could Pocibley be Why it Broke You ? think :lol:
    Oh no! I was wondering the same thing LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    You ladies are funny! I need a good laugh today.

My hubby says - NO MORE TOTES TO PUT FABRIC IN!!!

I lived in a mobile home for 18 mos. whenwe were first married, never again!!! There is no place to hide or store anything!! Feel sorry for you!!!!!

Blog Entries
    Lol....how funny! And would be just my luck.

Blog Entries
    I like the idea of stashing under the sheets on the bed! Can store a lot of materials there!

Blog Entries
    I ran short a few pieces to finish up my patriotic quilt top and told hubby I need more fabric and he looked at me and said what is all that on the shelfs and I said it won't work with my pattern...LOL

The newer the mobile home is, the better the storage is.

Quote Originally Posted by annieshane
    I like the idea of stashing under the sheets on the bed! Can store a lot of materials there!
    I thought you meant putting all your sheets on the bed in a stack -so you could just peel off the top one, when you wanted a clean one LOL!...and putting the fabric in the sheets drawer!
    Wouldn't putting all your stash on the bed be lumpy?
    How about under the matress? You wouldn'y feel the lumps, maybe?

I like your bird, my quess is he/she is more friendly than my birds. I have a scarlet macaw, a blue and gold macaw as well as a blue crown conure. I have few clothes that have not suffered at the beak of one or another of them. And I still want a too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2