Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I can't find this pattern >

I can't find this pattern

I can't find this pattern

Old 11-29-2011, 07:30 PM

It is beautiful!!!
Old 11-29-2011, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by KathyPhillips View Post
I would love to make this quilt, too! I will order the pattern from Keepsake Quilting. Looks like lots of us will be making this one. It is a real challenge!

Kathy
I'm not trying to take business away from Keepsake Quilting (they're one of my favorite local quilt shops and I spend way too much time there!), but why not buy it directly from the designer, Ruth Powers, so she gets the full benefit and doesn't have to share her profit with KQ? http://www.ruthpowersartquilts.com/s...tail.php?ID=47 Just something to consider...
Old 11-30-2011, 04:24 AM

I made this quilt years ago. I'm pretty sure Keepsake Quilting still has it. I still have the pattern.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:24 AM

Looks like a pattern called Cascading Leaves....alot of the girls in my old guild did it years ago....blessings
Old 11-30-2011, 07:09 AM

I remember seeing this pattern & kit in the keepsakes Catalogue
Old 11-30-2011, 07:36 AM

After such a run on Third Weekend In October patterns, I Googled to see what might have started it all and discovered Quilting Board! Thank you all who ordered it and other INNOVATIONS patterns as well! They are shipping out today.

To answer a few of the questions that have risen--no it is not difficult. Just straight seams. There ARE a lot of pieces and a lot of seams that is why it is so striking! One similar was featured in Fons and Porter and it was SO similar i feel it was a knockoff but didn't have such a nice border. It requires purchased half square triangle papers but the others are ones you make yourself using a method that is easy and accurate and inexpensive - not photocopy. The pattern is an older one, it has been my best seller, and is still being offered at the original price of $7.00 on my website. The original quilt won many awards. There is a wall hanging version called New Leaves wall hanging as well. Same techniques, lots fewer pieces!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:16 AM

Default october quilt

Or you could order a pkg of the pre-cut leaves and applique them all over the top!
Old 11-30-2011, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by innokom View Post
After such a run on Third Weekend In October patterns, I Googled to see what might have started it all and discovered Quilting Board! Thank you all who ordered it and other INNOVATIONS patterns as well! They are shipping out today.

To answer a few of the questions that have risen--no it is not difficult. Just straight seams. There ARE a lot of pieces and a lot of seams that is why it is so striking! One similar was featured in Fons and Porter and it was SO similar i feel it was a knockoff but didn't have such a nice border. It requires purchased half square triangle papers but the others are ones you make yourself using a method that is easy and accurate and inexpensive - not photocopy. The pattern is an older one, it has been my best seller, and is still being offered at the original price of $7.00 on my website. The original quilt won many awards. There is a wall hanging version called New Leaves wall hanging as well. Same techniques, lots fewer pieces!
Welcome to the board! So very nice to have you come and add your comments about the quilt and it's difficulty.

Ladies, meet Ruth Powers, designer of Third Weekend in October and many other beautiful quilts.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:23 AM

Default Our Best Seasonal Quilts

Originally Posted by MaryKatherine View Post
Help me ladies. I captured this photo from this site but I have no idea who made this beautiful quilt. I've decided its a "must do" . Now I need to know where it came from. Thanks
MaryKatherine
Mary,
Amazion has the book the quilt is in.
the book is called : Our Best Seasonal Quilts. Here is the site for you to look at. Used the book was around $7.26 plus shipping.

It is a really great quilt.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/0848723627/...l_5eczxqydfr_b

I have the book.
[email protected]
good luck .
Old 11-30-2011, 08:24 AM

I bought the pattern when it first came out. It does take a bit of work, but it isn't hard. It was what kept me sane when my husband was recovering from 4x by-pass surgery. It is gorgeous!