Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I can't get as much sewing done being on here.

I allow myself 2 hours computer time in the morning (I get up between 6 and 6:30) and don't touch the computer again until Lunch - when I check my email only - then don't go to the computer until about 4 pm and am on intermittenly until about 9 pm.

I love these boards, and I probably could get alot more done if I spent less time here, but hey, I am retired and I can do what I want now : ).

in front of this dang computer instead of my Bernina!(Naples, Florida)
    Um, all I can say is, look at my "location" under my avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc
    You made me laugh!

Me too!
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziC
    I know what you mean.....here i sit instead of sewing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    I read the "Board" in the morning with coffee and toast. Then I check my Facebook, then I'm done on the computer till night time when you can catch me playing games on POGO. I clean, do the laudry and sew during the day.

I solved that problem when I got an IPad. No getting on the board when I'm in the basement quilting!!!! I just read while watching TV in my easy chair.

Gee, maybe I'm lucky to have lousey internet service. We can only get on in early morning and late at night. But come to think of it, that does free me up to quilt in the day time! :>) Before I joined the QB I had several quilts inside my head, screaming to get out. Now I have at least a hundred. And, unless something unusual is happening (company, day before or after a trip, super bad cold...., I quilt every day we are home.

It is addictive:)

I have spent a lot of time here lately, but have gotten some great ideas and have enjoyed every minute. It's a great place to hang out.

This board is my contact with sewers/qulters. I have learnt now to be more selective while reading. For 4 days this week I couldn't see any pics --Did everything imaginable to the computer. It was problem with our service provider as woke up in morning and all was fixed.(after calls) Amazing how miserable you get when this quilt board doesn't work. It is such a part of my daily routine now.

Now that I have started on this board, I read everything here and don't get mail from other groups read!!! I love this board!

My dh says if I would stay off the quilt board and spend that time sewing I might get some UFO's done or use up my stash. This board is too addictive!

I also spend way tooooooo much time on the Board. However, I have learned so much and have got so many new ideas that I don't want to give it up for even a day. I have been sewing and quilting for many years and still learn. Thank you ladies and gents.

i read everything!!!!!!!!!!!!! no quilting. but lately i don't get anything on a daily basis it is about every 3/4 days. go figure!!

With a 4 year old running around.. and sewing projects.. and housework, and cooking meals, etc etc etc..
    I find myself often relying on the daily digest to get at least a bit of what's going on here.

I do love it when I have quite awhile to surf the boards too! :)

Blog Entries
    I have learned so much from all you wonderful quilters, so I read it when I first get up in the morning with my coffee instead of a newspaper, then throughout the day when I need a quilting break, I read some more.

I limit my online time to one hour a day. On days that I can't sew (bad vision days, not feeling well), I will often spend more time and catch up with photos and comments.

Me too. If I was sewing as much as I,m on here I would have a room full of quilts.
    Got to go now and try to do some sewing.

Blog Entries
    Like I used to do with the kids and TV~~~~ chores first, homework first then you can watch. I read every day, but try to make myself do my sewing in equal time. Sew awhile and when my shoulders get tired, I read awhile. Love this board and all the people who so lovingly share their work. It is very inspiring. Thank you!!

This is my routine: Get up 7 AM, get dress, make bed, come downstairs and get my coffee and little something to eat. THENNNNNNNNN I get on my computer and read and read and read about all the quilting things that this board has to share. I do it everyday! Sometimes, as much as 3 Xs a day, depending on my schedule...golf, dr. appts., lunch, shopping, and etc.

Quote Originally Posted by blueangel
    I don't get anything done until I read the board.
    Me too.

I don't have local friends to share my quilting with, so the board is my outlet for chat and advice. I look at it after breakfast and catch up with what you've all been talking about while I was asleep. I look through the new topics and pick and choose - the titles have to tell me what the thread is about! I'll "watch" those of interest, and go back to those during the day if emails come in to tell me there are new posts. I'm usually back on the board for another look - about now!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnnMc

LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Val in IN
    I read the "Board" in the morning with coffee and toast. Then I check my Facebook, then I'm done on the computer till night time when you can catch me playing games on POGO. I clean, do the laudry and sew during the day.
    I have to check face book too.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast