Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I did it again..more fabric for me!

I did it again..more fabric for me!

I just received my Connecting Threads catalog and my what lovely stuff they have. Soon I will be sharing in some of that wonderful fabric too. I have never been disappointed in what I order from CT. I just keep wanting more. I read about the moratorium some of you put yourselves on regarding fabric purchases. It would not work for me. It's just not in my DNA. The samplers allow me to see if the fabric is something I'd like more of and if not it all seems to get used anyway. So now I'm looking forward to receiving a wonderful package in the mail. Love this stuff.
    SEW MUCH FUN!

I am being pretty good. I am shopping for a specific project and not buying very much extra at all. It is hard to do but keeps things neater and everyone happier.
    God Bless Quilters and Sewers
    Marti

I've never seen their catalog but I just put in a big order for CT. I want to make my mom a lap quilt. Well after I finish the two twin sized quilts for my kiddos. Gotta have plans.

Blog Entries
    their catalog is too enticing. i had to have them stop sending it to me
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

It's funny you should mention the samplers. That is what I was thinking also. A little quarter and I can see if I will want more.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

I looked at the catalog too, and got some drool on it. I promised myself I wouldn't order anything till I make the kit I got last month! The fabric is gorgeous!!

I got mine today and I foresee another shopping episode.

I got mine a couple of days ago. I have such a large stash now that I just don't need to buy more. They have good quality fabrics at great prices. I am trying to use as much of my fabrics as I can.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by MartiMorga View Post
    I am being pretty good. I am shopping for a specific project and not buying very much extra at all. It is hard to do but keeps things neater and everyone happier.
    I agree it is difficult to let some of the fabrics slip through my fingers, but believe it or not I am happy with it. Have enough on hand, one thing I do like to get when it is a good price are plain black and creams. Have not picked any of that lately, but then again have not had much time to quilt lately, with the yard work that needs done.

I haven't received the new catalog yet. I like looking at them and seeing what they make out of different collections. Haven't been buying too much fabric - just for a patriotic quilt that I'm now quilting. I'm trying to make scrappys to use up fabric.

I ordered nothing but batting - it's on sale. I had my little cart full of all kinds of goodies, but as a friend said - if I'm tripping over it, do I really need more? So ... delete, delete - kept the batting and called it good. Course that was over $100! 2 queen, 5 twin, and 5 baby. ahhhhhhhh!
    So many quilts, so little time.

I needed nothing, and had joined the fabric moratorium...This post knocked me off the wagon..The extra wide muslim in the sale was too good to NOT get at 1.95 yard..Also got a few backs for 1.95 in generic colors..I usually don't have backs in my stash..I am so excited and can't wait for the package to get here!

Blog Entries
    Yep..secumbed to the "Moonlit Blooms" FQ

Blog Entries
    I bought yardage of the whole line of Moonlit Blooms. It is beautiful. I can't stop looking at it or touching it. No way I'll deliberately stop buying fabric. If one can afford it then what's the problem? If I get overwhelmed with too much I give it to my guild to make donation quilts.
    Got fabric?

I caved too. I ordered some of their batik paradise basics in the rich and muted colors to make a bargello I saw on the Amish website for $1400. OK, I confess, I ordered 1 yard of each of the 24 colors, but hubby was sitting right there and said "Go for it". He didn't have to tell me twice. Also, I used their 10% off coupon that someone posted about here on QB. I'm a happy camper

My order should arrive on Monday!! Can't wait

Thank you all for corrupting me! Everyone talks about CT so much that I went to their site and asked them to send me a catalog. I foresee this will come back to bite me in the future!

I ordered yardage from Moonlit Blooms also .... with no project in mind, which kind of bugs me. I'm much more of a planner but this is some pretty stuff! Hope I feel that way when it's in my hands

yea!!! I really like Connecting threads fabric. Hope your fabric shows up soon.
    enjoy your life...it's the only one you have!!!
    Heather

I really want moonlit blooms, but can't justify buying more fabric.

I wish I could open my Fabric Store (I have so much it should be a store). I will never be able to use all of it. I cannot order any more. LOL Hope you enjoy.

Blog Entries
    I would love to but just not enough funds at this time. Husband would be upset and it would be selfish of me to knowing I need other things at this time. I don't have a stash buy what I need for each project. That's okay I'll dream about it!
    Sandra
    Treat people the way you want to be treated!!

Love the catalog and their web site. They are having a sale on their batting and I love their fusible batting. I ordered one kit and it is super. All the fabric is generous so if you make a small mistake (hah), you have a small amount to correct an issue. Also, there was a mistake in the pattern (called for squares 5 1/5", and I got an email within a day telling me that the block should be 5 1/2") and I appreciated their promptness in even admitting that they made a mistake. Will definitely keep ordering from them - order more batting yesterday - it is 30% off.
    Busy in Ohio

I just got the batting as well - ordered the 100% cotton to see if it works as well as the Warm and Natural which can be a bit heavy for some projects. Also ordered 3 yards of the Quilter's Candy in grey - I am not too happy with it because it looks more like a brushed flannel. Oh well I was impatient - I should have ordered a sample first. Got the black scroll though and its lovely.

Pictures or it didn't happen!
    The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Boomerangs and BOM Blocks: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...19-albums.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast