Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I did it...now what??!! >

I did it...now what??!!

I did it...now what??!!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by GrayFeathers
Hi, I say the best advise in telling Hubby is BE HONEST ! It will Keep Your marrage the way it should be , with Honesty Love and Being Blessed by the Lord...! Blessing to you and your new machine. !
hmmmm...we're about 16 years into this...do I get in trouble for the past? If I'm honest now, he won't know who he's married to!!
Old 07-30-2009, 03:22 PM

I get past most of my hubby's objections by occasionally making him something nice for his classic cars. So far I have made covers for 3 seats and a quilted cover for a dashpad that was cracked. Machine quilting skills come in mighty handy for this stuff. One of the seat covers I did, for a '65 Chevy pickup, I quilted a Chevrolet emblem into the top center back, and he shows it to everyone.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:40 PM

Awesome!
Old 07-30-2009, 07:49 PM

I am happy for you! I got a 440QE about one month ago and am in love! Went back and got the embroidery module...so I will be right there with you learning to use it. Our dealer is having a class on basic operation of the 440 and on the emb module on the same day next week. I will be there....AND I will be taking notes!

Enjoy, enjoy! Don't forget to post pics of your first project with your new toy.

...by the way, my machines name is Nina and the emb mod's name is Fancy. lol :lol:
Old 07-30-2009, 07:57 PM
Power Poster

This is not a frivolous buy, but a serious investment! Well, that's what I'd be saying! Gotta keep creativity and useful skills going, it's your contribution to the world! Have lots of fun with your new acquisition!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by nursie76
I am happy for you! I got a 440QE about one month ago and am in love! Went back and got the embroidery module...so I will be right there with you learning to use it. Our dealer is having a class on basic operation of the 440 and on the emb module on the same day next week. I will be there....AND I will be taking notes!

Enjoy, enjoy! Don't forget to post pics of your first project with your new toy.

...by the way, my machines name is Nina and the emb mod's name is Fancy. lol :lol:
My classes arent' for a month - Have fun in yours, I can't wait to get more knowledge about running this baby!! I haven't come up with a name yet, but I'll post it when I do. Mimi is coming to mind.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:50 PM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewmom
" It's easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission"
I'll remember that sewmom - that's great advice! :wink: :lol:
Old 07-31-2009, 06:55 AM

Esqmommy - I know I will enjoy those classes! I can hardly wait. I got my machine just before I went on vacation (was actually in LA, San Francisco and Barstow, CA for a few days) so I had to wait for my classes for over a month too! :( My poor husband had a hard time dragging me away from Nina for vacation :-)
My family will be sooooo glad to know that I am not the only one that names her machine!

Anyway, congrats on the new addition...wonder if sending out something like birth announcments would be appropriate? LOL

Enjoy, enjoy!!!
Old 07-31-2009, 07:31 AM

Hey Nursie - I live near SF! Hope you had fun here - isn't the city fantastic???? (SF I mean).

Old 07-31-2009, 07:41 AM

I loved SF. Spent time in the Haight (what a trip :-) ), Chinatown, Fishermans Wharf, and took a double decker bus ride over the Golden Gate Bridge. We stayed at a B & B owned by an elderly couple in the Sunset area. Enjoyed the 3 days there tremendously and had some of the best food! We were there over the 4th of July. Knew that it could be chilly, but gosh it was cold with the wind and all! Hubby and I are now the proud owners of fleece hoodies with San Francisco across the chest! Had to do something to warm up. But we weren't alone...I saw dozens of people with similar hoodies on. They must make a mint on us silly folks who think all of CA is hot. Course, LA was on the cool side when we were there also. You have a lovely place to live, enjoy!