Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I did it !!!!!!! >

I did it !!!!!!!

I did it !!!!!!!

Old 12-16-2010, 11:27 AM

Well, I did get the binding sewn on and am getting ready to press it to the front. I am going the LAZY route, because of time. I am going to sew it down on the machine, stitch in the ditch. I have had all of the quilting by hand lately I can stand This quilt has hand quilting on all of the sashing strips, because it is reversible. I HATE to do any hand quilting.Will post a pic. of this quilt when I get my camera back. I left it at my brothers the last time I was there earlier in the week.
Folks I tried the method that Sharon Schambers does with the starch and glue for the binding. Let me tell you, I wish I had know about this for the last many years. This is great and if you follow her method, it works out perfect, perfect miters and all.
Go to her site, Sharon Schambers Network and find the three part videos on binding the Angel. She does everything step by step, in the videos and explains beautifully. Fantastic teacher. If you can't find these three videos on her network, try going to You Tube and search for her name and Angel Binding and see if that gets you there. I recommend this to everyone.
Sharon is the Lady that won Best of Show in the Houston 2010 Quilt Show. With her winnings and other quilts I've seen of her, I know she definitely knows how to quilt lol. Seriously try her method. I plan to use this on all of my future quilts. Gerbie
Old 12-16-2010, 03:02 PM

That's awesome! It's a great feeling, isn't it? So happy for ya :)
Old 12-16-2010, 03:22 PM

Congrats for finishing such an important quilt without puckers. Your sisters is lucky to have your love and personal work. Send a picture for us if you can.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:58 PM

There is nothing like the feeling of finishing a quilt! Unless of course, it's seeing our loved one's faces when they see it!
Congrats... post photo if you can without sister seeing it. :)
Old 12-16-2010, 07:14 PM

Good for you.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:46 PM

Good on you girl, "You did "do"it. We are all thrilled for you. Like the old saying "A problem shared is a problem halved". With all the suggestions lovingly sent to you each one has diminished your problems one step more until they have disappeared all together. With so many friends along the way to share with you nothing is impossible. "If you listen very carefully you can hear all the sighs of relief from your quilting friends out here". Merry Christmas to all and LOL.
From Gleniveve
Old 12-17-2010, 06:50 PM
Power Poster

Way to go!!!!!
Old 12-20-2010, 05:21 AM

Another success story!! Wooohoooo! I have been thankful since the moment I found this forum..I have to confess I find myself when I pray every day .."asking god to bless all the quilters and continue to keep them close to him"...silly huh?...Merry Christmas and Congratulations!! It is a good feeling when it all comes out beautiful!
Old 12-26-2010, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by thegypsy1968
Another success story!! Wooohoooo! I have been thankful since the moment I found this forum..I have to confess I find myself when I pray every day .."asking god to bless all the quilters and continue to keep them close to him"...silly huh?...Merry Christmas and Congratulations!! It is a good feeling when it all comes out beautiful!
No it isn't silly, I think we should all ask God to keep all those we care for safe and close and even those we don't know. God just wants us to pray and love everyone. I personally don't think any of our prayers are silly and I don't think God does either. Maybe to others, but not to Him.Thank you for remembering all of us in your prayers. Hope you had a aBlessed Christmas and remembered The Reason For The Season. Have a healthy and happy New Year.