Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I do have a problem!!! >

I do have a problem!!!

I do have a problem!!!

Old 02-12-2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
Originally Posted by QBeth
Way to go, Billy! What's being discussed here is a stress sandwich. Guilt over spending too much, stress over hiding it, stress about telling the spouse, stressing over (maybe) having an addiction, on and on and on!
SNIPPED

It hurts, physically hurts my heart, to hear that one grown adult feels the true need to hide $30 of spending for something that makes her happy from another grown adult who is supposed to be a partner, not a parent or a jailer.

I also think we may toss about the word "addiction" lightly, when really we are not talking about something destructive; we use it for its drama, for its heightened sense of meaning, but I don't think most of us are discussing an actual addiction, just a pleasure, a hobby, an avocation.

I'm sorry if I've offended, but it is one of my pet peeves.(Don't get me started on men being asked to babysit their own children!!)
I am so glad I am not the only one here who feels this way. I have never understood the need to hide how much one spent at the store. Or improvise ways to "cover" it up. My husband has told me, "you like to shop, and I like watching you shop." I don't go overboard at the fabric store. I have a great time searching out bargains, finding a bag of remnants at Goodwill for 5 bucks is fun for me. Oh, I have my "toys" like my stereo, my Ipod, my gaming computer and I like nice clothes. But if I want something extravagant I save for it, I would never buy something or spend a huge amount of money and not say anything. Or wait till its discovered then plead the fifth..lol (you know what I mean)

Just my 2 cents...no hurt feelings

Chase