Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I don't know if this will work, but....... >

I don't know if this will work, but.......

I don't know if this will work, but.......

Old 01-12-2011, 06:33 PM

I spend so much time searching for & printing great patterns but I don't take the time to organize them into notebooks. Then when I want one of them, I can't find them. It's hopeless. Nooooo, I'm the one who's hopeless. It's just so much fun though.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
If I stop looking at new patterns does that mean I have to stop playing with designs in EQ7? I'm afraid if we all stopped looking at new patterns it would disrupt the time/space continuum, not to mention have a serious effect on the economy. (Think magazine, fabric, notions purchases.) LOL
I agree with the time/space continuum thingy. I believe every stitch we make helps keep the fabric of the universe together, and have you noticed how much harder we are working at it lately? LOL
Old 01-12-2011, 06:50 PM

Stop looking....is that possible..i don't think so lol
Old 01-13-2011, 12:47 AM

It might help. But can we really do it?
Old 01-24-2011, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by Prissnboot
Do you think if we quit looking at new patterns we would be happier with the ones we currently have, and more likely to finish our WIP's and UFO's?
Surely that is a bad idea! It is such a straight-forward solution, it MUST be a bad idea ..
actually, you are right - - it would help us accomplish a lot more if we went all the way back to the first pattern, magazine, or book we purchased and just worked through the patterns ..
Just last week, I think I figured it out - - the only thing different from what inspired us a few years ago and today are the fabrics ... basically, we are working with very simple quilt blocks. <wave>
Old 01-24-2011, 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by omak
Originally Posted by Prissnboot
Do you think if we quit looking at new patterns we would be happier with the ones we currently have, and more likely to finish our WIP's and UFO's?
Surely that is a bad idea! It is such a straight-forward solution, it MUST be a bad idea ..
actually, you are right - - it would help us accomplish a lot more if we went all the way back to the first pattern, magazine, or book we purchased and just worked through the patterns ..
Just last week, I think I figured it out - - the only thing different from what inspired us a few years ago and today are the fabrics ... basically, we are working with very simple quilt blocks. <wave>

Exactly...I look at all the books to see just how the new fabrics are used in some basic blocks and combinations.

On the other hand, new ways to tweek the old patterns also draws me...so ......

if the "old stuff was "old" than why do we by reproductions, or make yo-yo's with the new Batiks and Asians? The rich new fabrics give the old faithful "pazzaz"....(you know what I mean!) :thumbup:
Old 01-24-2011, 09:30 PM

What else is there to dream about and to loose sleep over?
Old 01-25-2011, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by hevemi
What else is there to dream about and to loose sleep over?
Now, THAT is profound!!!
We have a choice - - world affairs or fabric and patterns .... hmmm... I am with you - - the fabric/pattern idea is far more appealing <wave>