Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I don't understand the FabShopHop >

I don't understand the FabShopHop

I don't understand the FabShopHop

Old 03-10-2011, 04:47 AM

Yep....

I was excited about the hop, until I spent almost an hour and still hadn't found a bunny. That's when I realized that my time is better spent elsewhere.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:05 AM
Power Poster

I would do it but on dial up it could take a LONG time! Some people here have won nice things!
Old 03-10-2011, 06:58 AM
Banned

I do them every once in a while. I'm half way through the March ShopHop and all but two shops so far have had clues on their home page that lead me right to the bunny quick and easy. Some years, this isn't the case and I won't spend tons of time hunting that furry little critter either. Like you guys, I'd rather be quilting! :D
Old 03-10-2011, 07:30 AM

I did these for awhile when I was new to quilting and the internet. In fact, I started with a different hop that had a more manageable number of shops to search than 130! I actually won a $10 gift card on that one, too.

I've seen two other smaller ones lately, but they are almost too small. What I liked best about the online hopping is that I learned a lot about different fabrics, especially new lines. I learned what Civil War prints were, 30's repro, batiks, etc. I found sites with awesome patterns that I bookmarked. I found styles that were totally not me, so I got faster at scanning and assessing fabric websites.

All in all, it was fun, but I don't do it so much any more...
Old 03-10-2011, 08:00 AM

I shop hopped in the beginning, but took way too much of my time when I could be doing something else. Now I just shop at a couple online shops, much easier and gives me more time here and to sew.
Old 03-10-2011, 08:39 AM

Just went through all the shops. I found 144 bunnys. So I meet the requirements of 130 bunnys. 15 shops do not have bunny hints. The rest do and some of them you really have to read their home page for the hint. It took me two days to get through all the shops. Some shops I am going back to because I am looking for that color of fabric.