Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I feel really Stupid. >

I feel really Stupid.

I feel really Stupid.

Old 05-13-2010, 09:22 PM

This is a kind of a cute mistake....but one question I was thinking about is...so they put the paper on the back...why they don't write an instruction : BEFORE USE, PLEASE PEEL OFF THE PAPER ....how could you know it ?
Old 05-14-2010, 01:00 AM
Gal

I agree eleu, had the manufacturer done that one simple thing, I might not have almost burned down my house!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gal
Old 05-14-2010, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
well I feel stupid. I have had this 6 1/2 square ruler for about 6 years now and always have had the darnedest time using it because it had this backing on it that was paper. Always thought about buying a new one but just never have. Well today was working on cutting some fabric and just happened to turn it over. there was a portion missing from one corner so I took a closer look. Well low and behold, the paper backing was peeling off. So I just peeled it the rest of the way. Which is what you were supposed to do after you bought the stupid thing. So lets just say that I am now feeling really foolish all these years. Good thing I have never purchased another square ruler that size. Anyone else do this too? :roll: :lol: :oops: :XD:

OMG I have just done the same thing! I have the same 6 1/2 square ruler. 2 yrs now and I got tired of trying to use it with the paper on it sooo I just put it in the drawer and use a different one. Now I can use this one too. Thanks for sharing. lol
I'm glad laughter is good for us!
Old 05-14-2010, 07:47 AM
Banned

Oh that is so very funny, thank you for the great laugh in the mist of all my pain. God bless. Penny
Old 05-14-2010, 11:17 AM

I think that's grand...now you have extra money for material!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Gal
I agree eleu, had the manufacturer done that one simple thing, I might not have almost burned down my house!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gal
UUUUUUPS....how did you almost burn down your house because of this paper ?????
Old 05-14-2010, 05:19 PM

...My sister last night pointed out that I could take the backing off...I acted like "I KNOW! Duh, I just haven't gotten around to it yet!" :) haha
Old 05-14-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by ilovequilts
...My sister last night pointed out that I could take the backing off...I acted like "I KNOW! Duh, I just haven't gotten around to it yet!" :) haha
Such a cool reply!
Old 05-14-2010, 05:22 PM

I am laughing with you, not at you. Since we are having "true confessions", I will tell you I once had to do a pie in a hurry for unexpected dinner guests. I had a pie shells in the freezer. Waxed paper was between the shells. Of course, in my haste, I did not remove the paper and cooked the pie with the paper on the shell. There were some funny looks on guest's faces (and mine) when I tried to cut the pie at dinner.
Old 05-14-2010, 05:33 PM

That is funny. But now you have a "new" ruler to enjoy! Since I enjoy sharing "stupid" things with others I'll tell one on me. Not to long after I purchased my quilting machine I was quilting away with no problems, ran out of bobbin thread so stopped to "reload". Started up again and could not get the machine to make a stitch. Tried for about 5 minutes straight then picked up the phone to call my dealer when I noticed the bobbin and bobbin case laying on the table by the phone. Thank goodness I noticed it before I got the call placed!

Hi, did you get to go the MQS? I kept looking for someone with two children, one hanging dearly to mom, but did not see anyone like that. However, upon leaving, in the parking lot I did see a lady with a toddler speaking with a man near a truck load of batting - could that have been you?