Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I Feel sooo bad... >

I Feel sooo bad...

I Feel sooo bad...

Old 01-07-2012, 01:56 PM

Sounds like you have learned one of God's lessons. Congratulations!! Lucky grandkids to have 2 loving Grand Mothers.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:59 PM

what's important is that you realized it and got over it. And more importantly, that the grand kids got a beautiful quilt!...and hey, one quilt is never enough...so feel free to love on them too and get them another one.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post
You're a brave lady to post what perhaps many have thought in their hearts and unfortunately sometimes words that pass our lips... Thank-you for a sweet lesson in humility.

Now don't let this get you down...move on and know you are not alone, I dare say we Grandma's have all had our moments of irrational thinking, that we are 'losing' our Grandkids to another Grandma within our Grandkids lives.

What you are is the sweet Grandma no one can ever replace.
What a beautiful sentiment!! Thanks so much - I am so glad that I "confessed"!! Everyone here has been so understanding !!! I also know I am not alone which is a great gift in itself!! Thanks All!!!

Old 01-11-2012, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by cheaha39 View Post
Well at lease you didn't take their quilts home and start ripping out seams and repairing. Yes, this happen to me. My sister, the culprit said she was only trying to help. Have you notice how some relatives get crazier as they get older, while you remain totally sane?

OMG!! I cant believe someone would do that!! Thats just wrong!!! She is crazy - I think there is always one in a family!! Glad you can be the sane one
Old 01-11-2012, 05:24 AM

I have never met the other grandma but in time I do think we will become allies!!! It might be fun to work together quilting - I am a really private person and have a tendency to just do things on my own at my own pace. This could be the opportunity I need - I will take it slow though since I have only been around the future SIL a few times - He didnt talk much but he was so great with the kids and was very attentive to my daughter unlike the babies father who used to be verbally abusive when out in public or even at our house!!!

I am very blessed!! Thanks for all of the kind words - I am still not "up to par" but hopefully things will turn around soon. Through your encouragements, I am looking forward to sewing again!! Hopefully my body will cooperate
Old 01-11-2012, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by cheaha39 View Post
Well at lease you didn't take their quilts home and start ripping out seams and repairing. Yes, this happen to me. My sister, the culprit said she was only trying to help. Have you notice how some relatives get crazier as they get older, while you remain totally sane?
"Have you notice how some relatives get crazier as they get older, while you remain totally sane?"

Are we related cheaha? I think we have the same sister! Mine is nuttier than a fruit cake, she IS getting much more so with age, unlike me who is totally without nuts! :0)
Old 01-11-2012, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Bon-bon View Post
If you see someone examining a quilted project, maybe they are just looking for new ideas, on how this was done. I am guilty of that, quilts interest me, so I look at them. Like picking up a magazine and thumbing thru it, not to be criticized for doing that, just interested, that's all.
Very good point to ponder thank-you for saying this Bonnie!
Old 01-11-2012, 06:39 AM

I have a similar competition...the other GM has a much larger budget to spend on the family and she makes our gifts seem like nothing, but she can't sew and my G kids love what I make them. It doesn't bother me so much any more...I know the kids love me and that is worth any "thing".