Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I finally did it. >

I finally did it.

I finally did it.

Old 10-02-2011, 03:13 AM

Congratulations, I have Vikings also.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:55 AM

I"m excited for you! When quilting on my domestic machine I love the Hobbs fusible 80/20 as it eliminates the need to pin or baste!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:11 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg
Originally Posted by rusty quilter
Such a serious purchase deserves a serious response...CONGRATULATIONS!!
thank you so much; I want to take a vacation just to be able to play with it. People on this site are the greatest and really are happy for others when they make major victories and are there for the defeats encouraging others onl It's great
May I double that response and just let you know that you did good in getting the Ruby you are going to love her. And now you will get a lot more done and don't hesitate to take those classes and if you have any questions that your dealer can't answer about the machine know that you can post here. I know that machine very well as I sell them as well.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:19 AM
Power Poster

I'm so happy for you!!!
Have lotsa fun :D:D:D
Old 10-02-2011, 04:21 AM

I'm envious :mrgreen: but also happy for you :thumbup:
Old 10-02-2011, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by sewtruterry
Originally Posted by rusty quilter
Such a serious purchase deserves a serious response...CONGRATULATIONS!!
thank you so much; I want to take a vacation just to be able to play with it. People on this site are the greatest and really are happy for others when they make major victories and are there for the defeats encouraging others onl It's great
May I double that response and just let you know that you did good in getting the Ruby you are going to love her. And now you will get a lot more done and don't hesitate to take those classes and if you have any questions that your dealer can't answer about the machine know that you can post here. I know that machine very well as I sell them as well.
thank you so much. I have always been intrigued with the vikings; I think it started with the adds they did with the dress and the black embroidery. Last year I went onto ebay and bought the #1plus but couldn't get it to sew without breaking thread. I put it in the shop and they couldn't get the parts to fix it. the good thing is that it has a 2 yr warranty so I know I will come out ok on that end. I was told that all of my attachments for the #1 will work on the Ruby so that is great. I was offered a 500 trade in for my viking mega quilter that I got a year ago and haven't used that much but decided I want to keep it so that I can start using it to quilt and I didn't want to lose 500 in a yr in value. I have a kenmore/janome that is great and will be great for classes but my vikings are my main ones now and I'm excited to take the classes along with the emb. club so that I can really utilize the features of this great machine. I will definitely post on here if i have questions because people here have great ideas.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:32 AM

Fun fun fun!!! Congrats!
Old 10-02-2011, 04:53 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119
Enjoy your new toy! What are you going to make first?
Not really sure; something to impress my 5yr old grandson. He's always right by me when I sew; he loves it all including checking out the fabric stores. Most of them around here have toys for him to play with while I shop and the ones who don't he goes thru the FQ bin to see what he likes; he always finds one he has to have or he thinks I have to have. I do see some personalized towels in some peoples Christmas stockings though. I've been downloading all of the free designs for months from one online site because I thought I'd have my #1 fixed but now I can use them for my Ruby and I found out that all of the attachments that I had for my #1 will work on the Ruby; it's great. I'll post my first thing; good or bad.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:22 AM

Enjoy!! I know I would!
Old 10-02-2011, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by maryb119
Enjoy your new toy! What are you going to make first?
Not really sure; something to impress my 5yr old grandson. He's always right by me when I sew; he loves it all including checking out the fabric stores. Most of them around here have toys for him to play with while I shop and the ones who don't he goes thru the FQ bin to see what he likes; he always finds one he has to have or he thinks I have to have. I do see some personalized towels in some peoples Christmas stockings though. I've been downloading all of the free designs for months from one online site because I thought I'd have my #1 fixed but now I can use them for my Ruby and I found out that all of the attachments that I had for my #1 will work on the Ruby; it's great. I'll post my first thing; good or bad.
Just a word of caution the feet from the #1 will fit however the satin stitch on the Ruby can be set wider than the #1 but the feet for the Ruby all have the number 7 on them. Check them out as you are looking at the foot as it would go on the machine the number is located on the back left corner. Also check out the Viking website as they have a free design every month but only during that month after that you have to purchase the design so check it out every month. There have been some wonderful designs.
Something quick and easy that will impress the grandson is a personalized pencil or crayon roll. You could put his monogram or favorite embroidery design on it and have him help you make it. He can push the start stop button to make the embroidery go.