Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: I finally stumbled onto a great fabric find! I think....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by jhoward View Post
    Some those fabrics could be used in a Crazy Quilt. My hubby's grandma never wasted any fabric, so used whatever was a available.
    I once had a crazy quilt made by my late grandmother, and she used all kinds of fabric in it! They weren't all small pieces, either. One piece I recall was sheer, navy blue, and pleated. Another was a pale background and had tiny flowers on it. These pieces were large, and sewn on a muslin foundation, and had no batting, just another piece of material for a back. Sadly, I have no photos of this qullt, but it was well-loved and was worn out from our use of it.
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!

I pre-wash EVERYTHING. I use a lot of clothing cut up and fabric from yard sales, and you never know what's been washed or not. And you know the clothing has been. I wash in HOT water and dry on cotton. That way I am never surprised after something is put together and then washed.
    Carol B

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3