Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I found it!  I found it!! >

I found it! I found it!!

I found it! I found it!!

Old 10-13-2013, 05:56 AM

I found that wavy line too, and used it to quilt a lasagna quilt... It was great. Just did every other seam line. With the walking foot it worked great. I am not a great machine quilter... As someone said the other day, you can quilt by hand, by machine or by check... I usually quilt by CHECK!
Old 10-13-2013, 07:00 AM
Power Poster

There are definitely decorative stitches that I prefer over a straight stitch on some projects. Glad you found that one.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO View Post
It's amazing how we stop seeing our own things but never miss other peoples.
sew very true
Old 10-13-2013, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by MissQuilter View Post
I found that wavy line too, and used it to quilt a lasagna quilt... It was great. Just did every other seam line. With the walking foot it worked great. I am not a great machine quilter... As someone said the other day, you can quilt by hand, by machine or by check... I usually quilt by CHECK!
lol quilting by check-that is a good one
Old 10-13-2013, 07:39 AM

A stitch sampler is a great idea.
Old 10-13-2013, 07:40 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Don't ya just love it when ya find out something new about your machine . ONE could just jump for joy .. Make yourself a sampler book ( that is what I did when I got my new machine per advice from the Dealer!) and you will be ever so happy you did .. Wish I would of thought of that years ago ! LOL a duh moment in time and many more to come along !LOL
Old 10-13-2013, 09:02 AM
Power Poster

Isn't it great when you find something like that? One of the first things I did after buying my Janome 4000 (PS she's still going strong) was try out all the embroidery stitches. I was making quilts for the new twins next door, and I had decided to make a simple quilt - when the blocks were sewn together, I then used the many spools of Rayon thread in a myriad of colors, and in a variety of stitches to quilt it. I had so much fun and I think I used just about every embroidery stitch I had. My neighbors loved the quilts and I had a blast playing with my Janome.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:10 AM
Power Poster

Wonderful to discover new things that was in front of us all the time...
Old 10-13-2013, 09:50 AM

Let the creative juices flow!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:33 AM

I just found that stitch on my machine a few weeks ago...I was making Thanksgiving placemats and wanted a background fill stitch...I was tired of stippling and just wanted fast...that wavy stitch makes a super substitution for stippling! Also...after that I was playing around with it and if you cross hatch it, it makes a great basket weave !! Have that in mind for another project. I also heard someone say on here that they use it instead of straight line SID, it's much more forgiving and hides a lot of errors!