Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I found out something I didn't know! >

I found out something I didn't know!

I found out something I didn't know!

Old 09-01-2012, 01:52 PM

I got in on that Thurs. also. I asked at the cutting counter and couldn't believe when, I think she is the store manager, scanned the interfacing and went to the cash register and rang it up to see what happened. She came back and said yes it works with the coupon. I wasn't planning on that purchase that day, but couldn't let the coupon go to waste.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:45 PM

I get confused as to when "quilting notions are not "notions" although some of the same items are displayed in both Notions and Quilting at Hancocks. Makes no sense! I tell the clerk it makes no sense and they usually accept the coupon. It sure makes shopping harder when you don't know what is coupon related and what is not until you get to checkout.

I plan to go to Hancocks for their Labor Day Sale as Joanns is 35 minutes away! Hmmm, wonder if Hancocks will honor Joanne's coupons??????
Old 09-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Power Poster

Some of the coupons say that they are for fabric only, while others say that they can be used for any item.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:35 PM

Batting is not a fabric at the JoAnns in Daytona Beach, at least not the batting in a bag. But the 40% off works.
Old 09-01-2012, 05:58 PM

When I worked at a JoAnn's, batting was considered with foam and fiber, and interfacing was its own catagory and on sale separately. A fabric coupon could be used on the by the yard interfacing, but not b. t. y. batting. It is supposed to be nationwide standards, but the company changes its guidelines and specifics all the time, and sometimes the part time employees don't keep up on all the changes.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:47 AM

OUR Joans won't use coupons for batting...or interfacing...and if you buy a whole bolt of cloth they even trim off the end that was on the bolt to make sure you don't get that extra half inch on one side that makes the end a bit crooked! Talk about customer courtesy! I'm sure glad we have a well stocked Hancocks nearby!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by MattieMae View Post
Oh, so sorry for you. Batting is a coupon fabric, too.
Didn't know batting was a coupon fabric either! That stinks because i did say to my husband I'd love to be able to use it for batting if i could.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:37 AM

When I was there the interfacing was on sale for 50 percent off so no coupon was good for it but hey, 50 percent off was great! But I also used my 60 percent off on the dragon fabric.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:41 AM

I also had 60% off batting dreams when I went to Joann's last week. However batting had conveniently gone on sale for 40% off that very morning.
Bummer.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:45 AM

It depends on how the coupon is worded. JoAnn's has one the is for one item, that's probably the one you can use for batting. Hancock's is for fabric. However they are having a Labor Day sale, batting is on sale for 50% off, today and tomorrow.