Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I found out something I didn't know! >

I found out something I didn't know!

I found out something I didn't know!

Old 09-02-2012, 12:19 PM

My Joann's had home dec on sale so I couldn't use the coupon. They told me that utility fabric was not on sale and I could purchase ironing board cover fabric, I said whoopee, no thanks.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:21 PM

Default Depends on the specific coupon

Originally Posted by baglady65 View Post
That interfacing is a fabric and I lost out buying some with that 60% off coupon from last week and I need alot of it!
I think you can't buy the packaged batting with a fabric-specific coupon, but you can use a % off coupon for packaged batting IF the coupon is good for any item at full price. I've used coupons to buy packaged batting at Joanns for 4 years
Old 09-02-2012, 03:12 PM

I went 3 times last week and used the 60% off coupons on tulle!!! gold,pink.and turquoise! i am making cloth tutus(using a lot of my fabric scraps up!) and then adding a little tulle ! I am hoping to sell a lot of them at a craft show on the 15th!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by MattieMae View Post
Oh, so sorry for you. Batting is a coupon fabric, too.
no, Joann's does not consider batting as fabric.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:46 PM

I work at Hancock's & we can take a fabric coupon for "by the yard" interfacing...& a notions coupon for packaged interfacing. Hancock's doesn't consider batting a fabric though.

As for special orders, if it's a fabric that we stock in the store...no shipping charge. It's called a warehouse order. But if it's a home dec fabric ordered from our swatches, then it's a dropship order & there is a shipping charge...& it's delivered to the store (not your home), too.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:58 PM

I took my 50% coupon in yesterday to use - it did say 50% off fabric - and in small print, it also stated "50% off cut by the yard MERCHANDISE. To me - merchandise encompasses trim, interfacing, batting - anything cut by the yard.

First the cashier didn't know if the coupon would even come off because the trim and fabric were on the same ticket from the cutting counter - I'm thinking "make it work" and kinda grumpy inside....remembering why I don't shop JoAnn's very often.

The cashier looked at the coupon and said "OH, it says fabric, this isn't fabric". Then I told her it said cut by the yard merchandise, and this was cut by the yard mdse.

The mgr did come over and give me the discount and gave be the spiel that I was a loyal customer blah blah blah...

While standing there - another lady brought flowers up - They were Buy 2 flowers, get 1 free - but her "free" flower wasn't the "right" one. Sales clerks must do a better job of setting up the sales and separating non-sale mdse far far away from sale mdse.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:00 PM

I always use my "60% off one cut of fabric" coupons for batting on the roll at my JoAnns and I don't buy a full roll. But lately, they have been having 40% off coupons for batting on the roll. Rats!!! Usually 10 yards lasts me a year or so.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
We may think of interfacing and batting as types of fabric, but my local JoAnn's has signs up that say batting is NOT a fabric for the purpose of coupons. I don't know how they define interfacing.

I'm trying to think of a comment that can be printed here-------------I'll just let it go with a cyber shrug!
Old 09-02-2012, 07:14 PM

At our Joann's anything that is bagged or prior cut sure as fat quarters is not considered fabric. I was going to use the 60% off on batting, but it was already on sale at 40% off. It always seems like what I want or need is already on sale so the big % coupons are almost worthless. Did get to use them on some material, but had nothing I needed a large amount of.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by captlynhall View Post
I had one of those 60% off coupons too, but seems like everything in the store was on sale for 40% off, so I couldn't use the 60% coupon. I kinda felt like it was a come on too. Seems like they could let you use it and get an extra 20% off to total the 60 %.
I find it very annoying to expect to find Keepsake Fabrics on sale for either 30 or 40% as they usually are but last wk. I needed a lot of sev. fabrics & found they were only $1/yd. off. Couldn't even use a coupon. So I bought just one pc. I really needed & waited til this wk. to buy the rest. Still not on sale as much as I expected but that's what I get for planning a quilt without an actual plan yet.