Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I got it!

Well All,

As you may be aware, on Friday my new baby arrived... I was so excited! Yesterday DH took me to the Malvern Quilt Show and was so good to me!!!! Yes.... I managed to convince him to buy me the Little Gracie II quilting frame!

Now I know that it's not anywhere as good as the fabulous long arm machines that you lucky ladies have the the US, but I am really excited about this.

Now, if there is anybody out there that has one of these and could give me some tips, I would love to hear from you!

As for DH.... he really is a keeper...... !!!

Hugs

Caroline

Blog Entries
    WOO HOO and now the fun begins again :wink: Definitely a keeper :mrgreen:

Yea!!!!

Oh - I'm so envious. I was after one on ebay last year - but then the bidding went too high for a 2nd hand one. I have the DVD from the Cotton Patch on this - thought it was very informative. Maybe that's where you got it from as I'm sure they were at Malvern. Haven't made it there myself but would love to some time. Enjoy and do tell how you get on.

Blog Entries
    awesome, sounds like he is a keeper!

Hi Katie,

Yes... I did buy it from the Cotton Patch, they are the UK distributor for Gracie Frames. I am so lucky... a Janome Horizon on Friday and a Little Gracie on Saturday..... I don't think I should ask for anything else for quite a while!

Hugs

Caroline

I am so happy for you.

So happy for you!

Hey, I'm still waiting to hear about your 7700!!! :mrgreen: What's the deal???? :lol: :lol: I tell you what, you better keep your man, he's definitely a good one!!! A 7700 and a long arm, oh my!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: :lol:

Hi Sewcrafty,

I did post some details and piccies of the machine on Friday, but the post was moved to the pictures section..... It's all there, do go and have a looksie.... she is beautiful!

Hugs

Caroline

Well, look what you've managed to inveigle out of DH so far - new machine, Little Gracie (still oozing with envy!) and now a sewing room! Definitely think you should hold fire before landing him with the design wall, fabric shelves, cutting table, spool racks ..... :thumbup:

Congratulations! You will have a wonderful setup to go along with your wonderful DH...he is a keeper!

Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your new frame! Why did you have to convince your DH? Does he think you won't use it enough? Or that it takes up too much room?

Well BelloBoo,

We really are restricted on space...... although that would be hard to explain... but DH has said that I should take over the dining room as we don't use it all that much.

Also, I would never presume to purchase anything over 500 without speaking to and having the agreement of DH. We have always been one of those couples who do not have "My Money".... everything is shared and as such it would have been unfair to have just spent 650 on a frame when I had already bought the new Janome Horizon which was delivered the day before...... it's just the way we work!

Hugs

Caroline

Caroline, congrats girl. You are going to have a lot of fun. Any idea what you are going to make first? Maybe a TV quilt for your hubby? My hubby and I also always shared the money and the decisions on when and how to spend it. We have been married for 43 years and have never had one fight over money, it seems to be working so far.

Blog Entries
    Congreaulations. No pictures?

Hi Gail,

Thank you...... DH and I from when we married always had joint finaces..... he is a wonder husban, father and provider and I couldn't ask for more..... well I could and do frequently - LOL LOL LOL. No seriously... we consider anything over 500 a major purchase so we would always discuss buying such item and agree on it. It works for us. We don't argue about money either, we discuss if we can afford it and if we can't then we wait! Sinple! I do hope that DH and I make 43 years!

Hugs

Caroline

No Pictures as it won't be delivered until Thursday!

Hugs

Caroline

And then I want to see a picture of you and it working together!

wow Gail if you never had a fight about money you are sooo lucky that use to be all of what our fights were about. I have grown up and accepted what he has taught me since he is older and wiser. I don't make big purchases without him but when it comes to fabric and notions etc. I spend quite a bit and he doesn't care as long as I write it in the check reg. I use to be afraid to because I spent to much. I had to spend what we could afford.

I am so happy for you. I can't wait til you get it set up and shows us pics of your two new babies together.

Blog Entries
    Woo Hoo Congratulations :D:D:D