Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 66

Thread: got this email Never got one like this before!

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    24
    Is this a real newletter? I usually get mine about 5 am everyday! I was afraid to click on the link.

    Hi Valued Customer

    Here is the list of latest most active topics on the quilting message board as
    of March 9, 2011:


    http://click.travel.ibemail.com/?qs=...ac076556bdc1d1



    Enjoy!


    Konstantin Goudkov,
    [email protected]


    P.S. You are receiving a daily edition of the quilting digest.
    If you need to update your e-mail address, change the digest mailing frequency
    or unsubscribe, then please visit the link below:

    http://click.travel.ibemail.com/?qs=...334558fb59d91f

    http://ar.quiltedparadise.com/st-100083-3159"> link


    This e-mail is sent by
    Quilted Paradise on behalf of
    IDF Technologies, LLC
    364 East Main Street, Suite 322,
    Middletown, DE 19709, USA

  2. #2
    Member Samara in OH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Lorain, OH
    Posts
    96
    The emails that I recieve from here don't look like that. I don't think that I would open it.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    24
    Mine doesn't look like that either that is why I put it on the board. Thought it was fishy!! Dang not even getting a quilting news letter is safe lol

  4. #4
    Super Member Moonglow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    6,486
    Looks fishy to me. I definitely would not click on to any of the links. Thank you for alerting us.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    24
    you are welcome

  6. #6
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    10,707
    Blog Entries
    36
    ASk PatriceJ if it is ligit. Could be the new owners but why Konstantin's name?

  7. #7
    Community Manager PatriceJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7,203
    Blog Entries
    3
    I have sent an inquiry to our IB contact.

    i also have no intention of clicking on that link until I get a response.

  8. #8
    Super Member grann of 6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Glenmoore, PA
    Posts
    7,477
    Blog Entries
    1
    I can't open it.

  9. #9
    Super Member no1jan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    2,094
    Norton has a site that you can put in a web address and they will check if it is safe. I put in the quiltingboard.com

    http://safeweb.norton.com/report/sho...ngboard.com%2F

    Hope this helps!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Kansas City area USA
    Posts
    445
    Thanks.....I've gotten this too but they go into my spam box and while I ''look'' I NEVER open anything my computer thinks is spam.

    jodi

  11. #11
    Power Poster earthwalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    10,331
    Haven't received one like this but it does look suspect. A timely reminder to keep up one's "protection".

  12. #12
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    14,916
    Blog Entries
    2
    I don't get any like that either.

  13. #13
    Junior Member Ellie'sNana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    283
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by picture09
    Is this a real newletter? I usually get mine about 5 am everyday! I was afraid to click on the link.

    Hi Valued Customer

    Here is the list of latest most active topics on the quilting message board as
    of March 9, 2011:


    http://click.travel.ibemail.com/?qs=...ac076556bdc1d1



    Enjoy!


    Konstantin Goudkov,
    [email protected]


    P.S. You are receiving a daily edition of the quilting digest.
    If you need to update your e-mail address, change the digest mailing frequency
    or unsubscribe, then please visit the link below:

    http://click.travel.ibemail.com/?qs=...334558fb59d91f

    http://ar.quiltedparadise.com/st-100083-3159"> link


    This e-mail is sent by
    Quilted Paradise on behalf of
    IDF Technologies, LLC
    364 East Main Street, Suite 322,
    Middletown, DE 19709, USA
    This does seem odd. But I was just about to ask in a post if anyone had received their email from Konstantin this morning. I have not and was wondering what was going on. I still may go ahead and post this question anyway. I am careful with unfamiliar emails. You were brave to open this up. Thanks for this info!

  14. #14
    Guest
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Cypress, Texas
    Posts
    4,743
    It went to spam and I never open anything there!

  15. #15
    Super Member Scrap Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,423
    Blog Entries
    1
    This is how mine always look and they always have Konstantinís name, always have (just recently signed up for them in the past week or so.) I checked the one I got yesterday and it is the same as this one but 1st link is different. Does anyone receive one that is written different or doesnít have Konstantinís name?

  16. #16
    Junior Member Ellie'sNana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    283
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
    This is how mine always look and they always have Konstantinís name, always have (just recently signed up for them in the past week or so.) I checked the one I got yesterday and it is the same as this one but 1st link is different. Does anyone receive one that is written different or doesnít have Konstantinís name?
    If it doesn't have Konstantin's name I don't open it. Maybe I did receive it and it went to spam, and if so, it's gone now.

  17. #17
    Charity Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Carolina; half hour away from Charlotte, N.C.
    Posts
    165
    I would not open it.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    24
    This email was sent to me sometime last night and I haven't gotten my email for today either. I usually get it around 5 am est. What really through me off was it called me a customer.

  19. #19
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Alturas, CA
    Posts
    8,494
    I've never gotten an email like that. I think you're wise to be suspicious.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
    This is how mine always look and they always have Konstantinís name, always have (just recently signed up for them in the past week or so.) I checked the one I got yesterday and it is the same as this one but 1st link is different. Does anyone receive one that is written different or doesnít have Konstantinís name?

    This is how my email usually looks


    Susan - QuiltingBoard.com Mar 8 message board digest

  21. #21
    Super Member Scrap Happy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,423
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by picture09
    This email was sent to me sometime last night and I haven't gotten my email for today either. I usually get it around 5 am est. What really through me off was it called me a customer.
    Yes, I noticed that but didn't mention it in my last post. Mine are always addressed to me not customer. Hmmm, I'm interested in seeing how this mystery unfolds.

  22. #22
    Junior Member chiaraquilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    219
    I received a strange one in my spam box this morning, I have never had anything like it before....deleted it so I can't quote it exactly.

  23. #23
    Senior Member redturtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    virginia
    Posts
    887
    thnx for the heads up...
    i usually just check my spam box for mis-directed emails from people i know...i usually dont open anything there either...
    guess i better start paying better attention lol

  24. #24
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,583
    Thanks for letting all of us know about this...noooooooo. I would NOT open it if it came thru my mailbox either.

  25. #25
    Power Poster Homespun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    McLoud, OK
    Posts
    10,462
    I didn't receive that one yesterday, but I did not get a message today!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.