Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have had this ruler for years.  Just now figured it out. >

I have had this ruler for years. Just now figured it out.

I have had this ruler for years. Just now figured it out.

Old 07-19-2023, 01:44 PM
Power Poster

Default I have had this ruler for years. Just now figured it out.

I remember buying it at a quilt show when there was a demo and a great discount on the price. Got home and couldn't figure it out. Watched the video but it never clicked. I found it again in my sewing room and since I was cutting four patches I decided to give it a good thinking. It works great and my four patches are perfect each the same size. No trimming needed. Anyone have this ruler?

Attached Thumbnails img-0764.jpg  
Old 07-19-2023, 01:56 PM

I'm a ruler-template junkie. If it helps me to make perfect or darn near perfect blocks I'll buy it. But I've never seen this one and now I have to go "google" it to see if I need & want it. There goes my budget for the rest of the month!!
Old 07-19-2023, 02:11 PM

Don't have this one but I do have ones for Flying Geese and 1/2 Square Triangles.
Old 07-19-2023, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

WOW I can't believe the price of this ruler now. I paid less the half that cost from a quilt show vendor. I know it was under $20 because all I had left was a $20 bill and paid for it with that. My last purchase of the day. LOL

It was about seven years ago.
Old 07-20-2023, 02:01 AM

Onebyone.....what website did you use to find this ruler now? I looked yesterday and didn't see it listed anywhere.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:01 AM

Lindaschipper, it's on the bloc-loc website, listed for $50.05. That's a crazy amount for a piece of plastic!
Old 07-20-2023, 03:59 AM

Several years ago, my DH bought me a set of the Bloc-Loc HST rulers. I was stunned--firstly that he actually listened and remembered a stray comment of mine, and secondly that he was willing to pay so much for 3 hunks of plastic. I love the rulers and use them all the time!

I've never seen this one though. Don't think I'll be putting out the bucks for it either.
Old 07-20-2023, 04:25 AM
Power Poster

I doubt I would buy it for that price but I'm glad I have it. It's not a trim it up ruler. I guess it's not promoted as much as the other block lock trim tools.
Old 07-20-2023, 05:07 AM

Finally found it on the website...didn't know the name of it when I posted before. Well, gee, I make a lot for 4 patch blocks for quilts and it would be nice to have this for accuracy. I'm debating with myself. Part of me says go for it and the other says "oh but the price!"
Old 07-20-2023, 06:45 AM
Power Poster

Four patches are usually 2 1/2 squares. This ruler makes cutting the strip set a breeze with the markings and the channel for the seam to ride in. Of course many other sizes can be cut. After using it I will buy one again if this one got lost or broken but would certainly try to find a sale someplace. I will keep a lookout for any good price I see on this and post.