Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have a problem...Do you have an answer??? >

I have a problem...Do you have an answer???

I have a problem...Do you have an answer???

Old 04-08-2013, 07:55 AM
Power Poster

No idea as to how to remove the residue. I only use blue painter's tapeon my rulers, to mark the lines for cutting, no residue left behind. I mark and number my squares with a piece of paper and a small safety pin.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:17 AM

I had Post it notes on my laptop for a couple of days, and when I removed them, there were perfect lines of "glue" left on my laptop. Those were the name brand ones. The store brand ones were worse. I don't remember what I used to get it off, but I won't use them anymore on the laptop, and wouldn't on fabric, personally.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:43 AM

Angelmama22, here is the perfect solution. I have posted about the 'glue problem' before, but I don't think folks believe me. I never get any responses on it.. It is a very tried and proven solution to removing glue of any kind! no matter how old it is, or has been on an item. Ya know some fat qtrs have these labels stuck on? It will take that sticky part right off..It works on anything that has a sticky substance on it.

Are you ready? ELECTRIC PRE-SHAVE, any brand. I buy the off brand, it has that nice smell same as expensive brand. You don't have to worry about it removing color or leaving spots. I've used it for years, on anything that had glue residue on it. Some items you mite have to squirt it on, let it set a few then wipe it off. I've even forgot it sometimes, go back and the residue will just flake off. It smells good, so no need to wash item afterwards, it eventually disappears anyway.

It's worth a try ladies, no stinky odor, no need to wash and it has worked EVERY time for me. Good Luck.

Jean
Old 04-08-2013, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by toolazy View Post
Hope you find a good solution!

These days if I'm laying something out or if I've designed a pattern on the computer, I take a picture of my layout (or print out the pattern), pop it in a plastic sleeve, and tuck that in the box/bag with my fabric pieces. In the past I used the pin-in-the-seam-allowance method and never had a problem with rusting, but I hate reaching into a bag and getting poked. I'm a wimp LOL .
Your clever woman! Great idea.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:44 PM

Jean, I've taken note! Thanks!
Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
Angelmama22, here is the perfect solution. I have posted about the 'glue problem' before, but I don't think folks believe me. I never get any responses on it.. It is a very tried and proven solution to removing glue of any kind! no matter how old it is, or has been on an item. Ya know some fat qtrs have these labels stuck on? It will take that sticky part right off..It works on anything that has a sticky substance on it.

Are you ready? ELECTRIC PRE-SHAVE, any brand. I buy the off brand, it has that nice smell same as expensive brand. You don't have to worry about it removing color or leaving spots. I've used it for years, on anything that had glue residue on it. Some items you mite have to squirt it on, let it set a few then wipe it off. I've even forgot it sometimes, go back and the residue will just flake off. It smells good, so no need to wash item afterwards, it eventually disappears anyway.

It's worth a try ladies, no stinky odor, no need to wash and it has worked EVERY time for me. Good Luck.

Jean
Old 04-08-2013, 02:48 PM

I would try a little alcohol .
Old 04-08-2013, 05:53 PM

Nicely, put Jan!! Thank you.
Old 04-08-2013, 08:13 PM

WD-40 is actually fish oil!
Old 04-08-2013, 09:37 PM

I would try peanut butter before goo gone. It works on chewing gum.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:46 PM

Woo hoo! The residue is gone from two of the blocks that I worked on today. It was the lighter fluid that removed it all in just a few seconds. Then I used mild soap and rinsed the area in cold water. No discoloration, no odor from the lighter fluid, no residue. And the best part -- I didn't have to buy any product. When I told my hubby about the lighter fluid, he said "I think I have some in my workbench" -- and he did and it worked!!!

I have learned a lot from all the suggestions you've all shared on this issue. Thank you again - you're all a great bunch and tremendous resource!!!