Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I have a problem

I have that same problem here. I need to live forever to finish my "I want to do this" list.

Cyn
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipste01
    Someone posts a picture and I say OH I wanna make that, then I look at another picture, and I say Oh I wanna make that, Then up pops another picture and another, and another beautiful picture. So far I ahve hundreds of Ideas and haven't started a darn thing :))
    ditto

Blog Entries
    Me too!!! Me too!!! I am so inspired by all of the wonderfully creative ideas from so many on this board!! I may not be able to make them all but it is so much fun looking at everyone's pics and chatting about different techniques!!! I will try hard to accomplish a few 'special' projects!! Unfortunately, so many ideas but so little time!! :)

lol

I have a folder on my desktop. If I see a quilt I like I right click and save it to that folder. When I feel a little dry and need inspiration I open it, see all the quilts, and before I see them all I am sewing, and is not even similar to any of the quilts saved. Just there to provide inspiration.

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    Yup.. me too!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Just wait til you start dreaming about the quilts or seeing quilt patterns in the oddest places. LOL!!
    I already do. Works like an alarm clock for me - must get up to read the message board and make more notes! Only it seems I get less done than before - this one, no-that one... I can't make up my mind and soon it's too late to start anything that day anyway.
    Happy New Year Everybody!

It's nice to know we have things in common.

tmg
    All the time. U see something I want to make and just don't do it

Yes, I certainly see patterns that I "SAVE" into a computer
    folder or buy patterns that I will make NEXT !!!
    I now have so many, may need a bigger memory on my computer !!!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Boy, we are sure sitting in a very crowded room together!!! Time to just pick one and start it.

Blog Entries
    Someone posts a picture and I say OH I wanna make that, then I look at another picture, and I say Oh I wanna make that, Then up pops another picture and another, and another beautiful picture. So far I ahve hundreds of Ideas and haven't started a darn thing :))
    i do that too!
    when i save it to "my pictures", i name the file, the person board name,who made the quilt or block..that way i know who acknowlege..and to ask a question if i need too!

i still "bookmark" them here though.

Blog Entries
    I join you on this topic. Such beautiful work that everyone does and my head is full of want to make this. I will say it keeps my interest going in trying to make as much as I can. Thanks all.

Yup. Welcome to my world. I guess it's a good problem to have!

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And there's a problem with this?

I think that's just very normal for an quilter! Good luck on getting something started, then on finishing it.

You'll never finish anything unless you first start it. Have fun.

My quilting and stash were pretty much under control until I joined a quilting site a few years ago. Wham!! I became a person with UFOs and a stack of clear boxes stuffed with pieces of red, blue, green and every other color fabric you can think of. When we downsized a couple of years ago, I half filled a 6x12 trailer with my crafts. I haven't lived that down yet.
    We've all caught a disease..... it's called quilting.... at least it isn't fatal. My poor daughter won't know what to do with all of it when I'm gone.... I think about that a lot. She's not a quilter!!

My quilting and stash were pretty much under control until I joined a quilting site a few years ago. Wham!! I became a person with UFOs and a stack of clear boxes stuffed with pieces of red, blue, green and every other color fabric you can think of. When we downsized a couple of years ago, I half filled a 6x12 trailer with my crafts. I haven't lived that down yet.
    We've all caught a disease..... it's called quilting.... at least it isn't fatal. My poor daughter won't know what to do with all of it when I'm gone.... I think about that a lot. She's not a quilter!!

Dang!!! And here I thought I was the only one that did that. My filing cabinet is full.
    Dodee

Blog Entries
    How about if you put the name of each on a small piece of paper and put them (folded) in a jar. Pick one. When that one is done, pick another.

Does anyone else have Hot DEals by Price Gong show up on your screen and block out the lower left hand corner.
    I wouldn't buy anything from them now - they are really pesky.
    Dodee

Welcome to the< I want to make them all club> LOL I am a full fledged member, too

Par for the course! Gotta get busy!!!!

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I am right there with you, too. I may not get to make all of them, but they are sure nice to look at and give me inspiration.

these overachievers are killing us!! ;}

Count me guilty as well. I LOVE seeing all the quilts. However, when a picture is posted, please let us know where you found the pattern. I, usually, PM the quilter to find out about the pattern. There is so much talent here and I LOVE that you are willing to share your talent!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast