Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I have a ton of Christmas fabrics...need suggestions on what to make >

I have a ton of Christmas fabrics...need suggestions on what to make

I have a ton of Christmas fabrics...need suggestions on what to make

Old 09-24-2013, 06:23 AM

The easiest and fastest quilt top I ever made was a take off of the jelly roll race...I cut 3 inch strips from Christmas stash fabrics......random lengths....and sewed them end to end using a 45 degree seam....the more 3 inch strips that you sew together, the larger the quilt top....when you think you have done enough, sew some more....then bring the first strip that you started with and lay it right sides together with the last strip....stitch...boring, now you have a double strip.....bring the end up again and with right sides together, stitch together. Less boring this time because it is shorter...repeat the process until it is a proper looking size...a large quilt top can be made in less than a day...there are better directions from others, but this may give you inspiration...I'll look for a picture to post....
Old 09-24-2013, 06:29 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]437808[/ATTACH]The easiest and fastest quilt top I ever made was a take off of the jelly roll race...I cut 3 inch strips from Christmas stash fabrics......random lengths....and sewed them end to end using a 45 degree seam....the more 3 inch strips that you sew together, the larger the quilt top....when you think you have done enough, sew some more....then bring the first strip that you started with and lay it right sides together with the last strip....stitch...boring, now you have a double strip.....bring the end up again and with right sides together, stitch together. Less boring this time because it is shorter...repeat the process until it is a proper looking size...a large quilt top can be made in less than a day...there are better directions from others, but this may give you inspiration...I'll look for a picture to post....
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
Old 09-24-2013, 06:50 AM

The picture is of a scrap quilt...the Christmas quilt went to family last year
Old 09-24-2013, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by koko View Post
I have a ton of Christmas fabrics that I've collected over time and want to do something with them now...I'm looking for suggestions for quick and easy projects or quilt patterns so I can reduce my stash of the Holiday themed fabrics. Suggestions?
Go to the Moda website. I just found a treasure of free patterns for Christmas items including some fantastic coasters.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:09 AM

The address for the free Moda pattern is www.sew4home.com. Check under the table linens heading to start, bet you'll find a ton of projects that you will like.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:20 AM

Make a Hidden Wells quilt. there is a yahoo group with great pictures and a free pattern.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:51 AM

Here is pdf file for the free present quilt. Found this this morning at beebolt.com http://www.beebolt.com/downloadable/...le/link_id/12/
Old 09-24-2013, 11:09 AM

My DM is making candle mats from my fabrics. Simple circle with yoyos around the perimeter. If you pull it up around a small candle and using rubberband hidden in yoyos is very pretty or lay it flat for more surface area. Keeps her busy from adding to my bucket list! She sews/embroiders but doesn't quilt.
Old 09-25-2013, 07:16 AM

I make gift bags. Instead of wrapping paper I use fabric. I am so tried of throwing out paper. I reuse for next year. Thinking of making one bag for each person instead of each gift. Then as I buy things all year I just put them in their bag. I must be getting old. Then the children can take out one gift at a time.
Old 09-25-2013, 08:20 AM

Sudoku (?sp) uses up 9 fabrics. Plus 2-3 more for lattice and borders.