Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I just couldn't resist

Blog Entries
    I did that once.
    Throw everything out of suit case
    that you do not need.
    J J (jbj137)

I am a G.R.I.T.
    G = girl R =raised I = in T = the S = South

Blog Entries
    Oh this is so easy - simply WEAR ALL of the clothes you want to keep and pack up the suitcase....
    NEVER let a sewing machine know you are in a hurry.
    good mothers let you lick the beaters - great mothers turn it off first

After a visit to M&L you will never be the same again!!!! Decide right now, this very minute that you are mailing a big box home. Then, return to M&L! LOL I have taken guests from all over the world and mailed many boxes!
    Enjoy!
    Ruth Krug

my last trip to Orlando, I went to Stein mart and bought two large pieces of Bill Blass hard side luggage in TURQUIOSE - usually about $150-$200 each. Wonderful Stein Mart had them for $90 total!!! I was able to bring home many yards from an estate sale in the Bay Hill neighborhood!! That's where Shaq lives!! I just love my florida jaunts!!

mail it, use the flat rate post office boxes.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

I went to goodwill and got a bigger suit case for $10.00. Paying the airline another $25 was less then postage. My DH was happy.
    Indiana Diana

Ha,Ha,Ha! You guys are so funny! I just love seeing all these wonderful suggestions. What a bunch!
    Judy
    Friendship is the fabric of our lives!

I would find a way. Ship it, buy an extra suitcase, the extra charge for it might be less than shipping. tie to the airplane tail and tell the pilot its your kite tail and has to stay there. You'll find a way

Find a UPS store and mail it home. Especially if you are flying with an airline that charges extra for weight or baggage.

Blog Entries
    Hello my name is Dawn and I'm a recovering fabriholic---------I flew to Florida years ago to visit. I ended up donating my cloths to bring home all the fabric I just had to have. Cloths are easy to replace but beautiful fabrics are so hard to leave behind.

So glad that you were able to go to M&L ... I love that place but live about an hr and a half away so I try to go only once a year. The first year I went I spent over $500 worth of fabric, I got so much I still have some of it in my stash!
    Warm quilt hugs, Sue in CA
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PostCardMailArt

Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death....Rosalind Russell

Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats
    Blog Entries
    I'm moving to LA in June. Where is this place. I'll start saving my pennies now! I'll set my GPS and pack a lunch.n Are they online?

Here is the address:

3430 W Ball Rd Anaheim, CA 92804
    (714) 995-3178

Enjoy ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Raine54RN View Post
    I'm moving to LA in June. Where is this place. I'll start saving my pennies now! I'll set my GPS and pack a lunch.n Are they online?
    Faten
    Www.easyquiltingcorner.com

Work like you don't need the money
    Love like you have never been hurt

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raine54RN View Post
    Prepare yourself for fabric paradise. I only had about an hour before I had to pick up my granddaughter from school but you could easily spend the better part of a day there.

Blog Entries
    We will be close by there in April - thank goodness we will be travelling in our pick-up/camper!!! Last year, my husband stocked up on alcohol (so much cheaper than here in Oregon) so I think I should be able to stock up on fabric this year!!! I think I will have to go through some patterns and figure out some new projects to buy fabric for - I hate to buy just to buy - I like having a project in mind.

Blog Entries
    When I travel and purchase souveniers, fabric, etc, I always take it to the nearest shipping store and send it home in a package to myself. MUCH cheaper to do it that way, than to try to take it home on the plane. And less hassle getting the extra luggae off the carousel, and then getting to the car and finding out that extra suitcase obscures your view while driving. Voice of experience, believe me.

I love M & L and the sister store Jenny's Fabric. Awesome assortment. I am glad I live close but not too close.

This group is the best. If there is EVER any need for justification of buying MORE fabric, how to get it home, how to hide it from hubby, how to fit it into the budget, how to squeeze it into our "already too much" stash or whatever, there are lots of hints and ideas on how to do just that. Thanks for brightening my day most days.
    Tough times don't last, tough people do.

WOW! M&L! I used to live in So Cal. My mom and I would make a day out of going there. We used to say that we wouldn't want to be there during an earthquake. We finally decided it wouldn't be a bad way to go - buried under mounds of fabric!

You could leave some items at your daughter for a later visit. You know you will return. Then next time you know to bring a empty suitcase, for you shopping or maybe to bring some different clothes and bring what you left home. Sounds good to me.

OMG - Disney Land and a great fabric shop on the same road? One of these days, I just have to get to California. We tend to travel where our kids live - Savannah, Massachusetts, Kansas, Texas, for a while Seattle area. Nobody ever moved to Cali. Darn.

Knowmthere are lots of quilt stores in LA and I've been to lots of them but not sure where and exactly what M&L is.

lo, forgot to add, A large flat-rate box is only $10-$15 as long as it doesn't weigh more than 70 lbs.

Joyce: Your idea would sure explain the way some people in the airport are dressed.

I always travel with a Priority Mail Flat Rate box...
    Took it with me to Vegas this past January...stuffed it full and shipped it the day before I was leaving. It came home the day after I got home....what fun going thru it again.
    Tink's Mom (My name is really Susie)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast