Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: I just couldn't resist

Quote Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
    I would find a way. Ship it, buy an extra suitcase, the extra charge for it might be less than shipping. tie to the airplane tail and tell the pilot its your kite tail and has to stay there. You'll find a way
    When I read this I had visions of planes leaving Houston after Quilt Festival with streamers of fabric tied to the tails - What a glorious sight that would be!

LOL! leave your clothes

Do you have a vacuum cleaner handy? I take Space Bags along when I fly so I can squeeze the maximum into my suitcase when I return!

Blog Entries
    OK - I'm hooked. Where in LA area in M & L? I visit a friend in Seal Beach at least once a year, and I simply must visit this fabulous store you are talking about!

Whoops - I read on and found the adress - not far from Seal Beach! I'll pack a suitcase in a suitcase!

So jealous! Isn't fabric addictive? You can always use some for wrap skirts, fold it over a few times and make belts, shawls, hats...and the list goes on!

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    I'm visiting my DD and family this week in the LA area. One morning after dropping my SIL off to work at Disneyland I realized I was on Ball Road. So of course I had to make a stop at M & L Fabrics. Now to figure out how to get it home on the plane.
    I used to live a 1/2 mile from Disneyland and therefore not far from M&L fabrics. I'm glad to know that they are still in business. I wasn't a quilter yet in 1983, but a seamstress. I bought the majority of my clothing fabrics there.
    Sharon

I just mail it to myself...

Power Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun View Post
    I'm visiting my DD and family this week in the LA area. One morning after dropping my SIL off to work at Disneyland I realized I was on Ball Road. So of course I had to make a stop at M & L Fabrics. Now to figure out how to get it home on the plane.
    I love that store....I use to live in Riverside, Ca. Put the fabric ia a box and mail it home....

Oh, WOW, roll the clothes that you need to take home with you and fill the rest of your bags with fabric, I will be in LA in a couple of weeks, so I will need to look that store up, sounds like you had a great visit, have a safe flight home
    happy to have enough stash fabric at all time

Fabric buying is ingrained in us, more in some than others, BECAUSE historically we have always bought fabric to make things at home. So we are just keeping up tradition and reenacting what our ancestors have always done. There, does every one like that reason? lol
    ABCDEFG

Power Poster
    Have a great vacation. Years ago when you didn't have to pay for your luggage I took an empty suitcase, but that sure has changed.

Blog Entries
    I found a tote bag folded up in one of the pockets of my suitcase and the fabric fit perfectly. That's probably why I put it there in the first place, although I'd forgotten about it. My suitcase was checked and I was able to carry the bag with me. Home safe and sound, including fabric and all my clothes.

Deb: I think your a world class enabler.

Blog Entries
    ups, fedex, american van lines?
    The only bad days are the ones you don't get.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3