Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just got back from Marshall Dry Goods >

I just got back from Marshall Dry Goods

I just got back from Marshall Dry Goods

Old 06-03-2010, 02:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by purplemem
Marsye,
Think about going next month around the middle of July...I think dh and I can take 2 days and stay at the cabins...4 hr drive for us, which is my limit for a road trip IF I spend the night. If we came over on Monday, spent the night, SHOP Tuesday,spend the night and drive back Wednesday, it is doable.

Tell me about the food, any good eats?

MJ
Sure....I don't see why not....if hubby don't get in your way at Marshalls :wink: ......Food? Well I would say Jojo's Wharf on the river or the mexican restaurant on the square. The square is like Mayberry. I love it! Go see Bandit across the street at Wallace Woodworks. :thumbup:
Old 06-03-2010, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Hey! Be honest now....what was your exact words when you walked thru the doors of Marshall Dry Goods?
I stood just inside the door, smiling like a goon, saying "Oh my, oh my, oh my" Then finally I remembered that DD and Dh were with me and said, "Look, look at all the fabric. I could live here."
Old 06-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Banned

I checked out Marshall's Dry Goods on the internet. What great prices. I would love to take a trip down there. However it is 1,907 miles away. Their shipping is a bit pricey, so I will wait until I get down to
Batesville AK. It would be a great trip!
Old 06-03-2010, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raptureready
Hey! Be honest now....what was your exact words when you walked thru the doors of Marshall Dry Goods?
I stood just inside the door, smiling like a goon, saying "Oh my, oh my, oh my" Then finally I remembered that DD and Dh were with me and said, "Look, look at all the fabric. I could live here."
LMAO!!!!! Thats not what I said when I walked in!!!! I said "OH S#$%!!!!" and hubs said "we're gonna be awhile ain't we?" :lol:
We were there at least 2 hours, my feet give out and he kept finding some he thought I would like and putting it on my cart. :shock:
Old 06-03-2010, 04:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Susan P
I checked out Marshall's Dry Goods on the internet. What great prices. I would love to take a trip down there. However it is 1,907 miles away. Their shipping is a bit pricey, so I will wait until I get down to
Its worth the trip! :lol: Actually their shipping is not bad but you need to call them to get the correct shipping price. It only cost about 15.00 to ship 2 of the large bundles. Thats very reasonable because the bundles are very heavy. I have bought several of the bundles.
Old 06-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Banned

Thank you Marsye. I will do that. Thanks for the info.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by Susan P
Its worth the trip! :lol: Actually their shipping is not bad but you need to call them to get the correct shipping price. It only cost about 15.00 to ship 2 of the large bundles. Thats very reasonable because the bundles are very heavy. I have bought several of the bundles.
The bundles of blenders are BEAUTIFUL!!!! If I'd had more room in the car I'd have bought several. I'm not sure, can't remember but I think you get either 11 or 17 5yd pieces for only $102. They said they'd ship anything. I didn't think about it at the time but I should have bought more and had them shipped home.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:58 AM

Its a strange thing. Marshalls isn't anything to look at from the outside. Its an old warehouse type building. Near railroad tracks, kinda bumpy parking lot and art deco junk shop nearby. Got the old fashion double door entrance that does not open automatically.
Once you go through the door there is a bulletin board full of business cards of long arm quilters and other craft things. On the left is a bunch of shopping carts and a window to some office covered with bright bold underwater fish scene. Then it hits you! Bolts and bolts of fabric, neatly arranged by theme and color. Tables of seconds where the fabric may have small or sometimes large imperfections ( you can cut around them usually) for $1 or slightly more!!! Then there is flat folds. Then upholstery or decorator fabric on tables and rolls. Then a little tiny bathroom tucked in a corner. Its functional but not fancy. In the back there are more bolts that can be purchased by people who have a business or some affiliation like that. There are notions, not too many, but nearly everything. Threads of all kinds. Trims. Even a coffee pot and a bench to sit on and have a rest.
Its a great Arkansas experience. I love it.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Sharoni
Its a strange thing. Marshalls isn't anything to look at from the outside. Its an old warehouse type building. Near railroad tracks, kinda bumpy parking lot and art deco junk shop nearby. Got the old fashion double door entrance that does not open automatically.
Once you go through the door there is a bulletin board full of business cards of long arm quilters and other craft things. On the left is a bunch of shopping carts and a window to some office covered with bright bold underwater fish scene. Then it hits you! Bolts and bolts of fabric, neatly arranged by theme and color. Tables of seconds where the fabric may have small or sometimes large imperfections ( you can cut around them usually) for $1 or slightly more!!! Then there is flat folds. Then upholstery or decorator fabric on tables and rolls. Then a little tiny bathroom tucked in a corner. Its functional but not fancy. In the back there are more bolts that can be purchased by people who have a business or some affiliation like that. There are notions, not too many, but nearly everything. Threads of all kinds. Trims. Even a coffee pot and a bench to sit on and have a rest.
Its a great Arkansas experience. I love it.
I have to correct you ;) ....and alot of people think the same thing!!!!! ANYONE ANYBODY YOU ME HER OR HIM can buy from the wholesale side!!!! You do not need a tax number or have to own a business!!!!!! And you don't have to buy full bolts....they have partial bolts starting at 3 yards and up!!!! I only buy from the wholesale!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 06:12 AM

I think Marshall Dry Goods is a wonderful experience! I was disappointed that they were closed last Sunday and Monday, but I do understand keeping your employees happy!