Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just got back from Marshall Dry Goods >

I just got back from Marshall Dry Goods

I just got back from Marshall Dry Goods

Old 06-04-2010, 11:49 AM

I have been trying to find some fabric from them online, but everything I like they are either out of stock or only have one yard of fabric. Where did you get the volume for $200?
Old 06-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gilla
I have been trying to find some fabric from them online, but everything I like they are either out of stock or only have one yard of fabric. Where did you get the volume for $200?
Your get better service if you call them. :thumbup:
Old 06-04-2010, 12:13 PM

I'll try that.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:52 PM

I never knew about the partial bolts. Are they in the back?
And thank you for correcting me on the who can buy from the back. I have bought three yards from the bolts out front and I know anyone can do that, but I thought you had to buy a whole bolt from the back and have a tax number. I'm heading back!!
Old 06-04-2010, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Isn't it thrilling to walk in there! I live about 2 hours away from Marshall's. My guild has car trips there but I prefer to go alone to browse all day if I want, not have someone say Oh, I have to be back to cook Maynard his dinner so we have to leave by 2.
I thought that's what they made crock pots and tv dinners for. I'd take my own car and just say, "Anyone riding with me is in it for the long haul, I'll probably all day so plan accordingly."
I had a friend that used to ride with me to BOM's and that's what I told her. One day she said, "I have to go straight home today, my husband invited his son and family over today." I turned the car around right then and took her home. I told her to drive herself because I had grocery shopping and other shopping to do.
I've been so busy I haven't taken many pix. :oops: But I'll try to take some of the fabric when I get home.
Bandit had gone home for the day right before we got there so we'll try again tomorrow. We hit a lot of the touristy shops downtown and had browsing in the 90+ degree weather. Feels good to be back in air conditioning.
Rapture, I'm so happy to hear how you handled your friend. Last winter I took a friend with me to Yuma, Az. which is about a 2-3 hr. drive. She never gets to do anything she wants when she goes with her hubby so we had a girls' day out. Nobody goes to Yuma without going across the border into a sm. Mexican town which isn't really a town but a grp. of open shops.

We got as far as the parking lot on this side when she said "I don't really want to go there so I'll sit in the car while you go over". I was stunned since I hadn't expected this. You can imagine how much fun I had. NOOOT. Then we spent the day hitting every dollar store & thrift shop in Yuma that she wanted to do. That's why I prefer going anywhere by myself. I don't mind putting myself out for people but I really felt abused that day.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G
Originally Posted by raptureready
Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Isn't it thrilling to walk in there! I live about 2 hours away from Marshall's. My guild has car trips there but I prefer to go alone to browse all day if I want, not have someone say Oh, I have to be back to cook Maynard his dinner so we have to leave by 2.
I thought that's what they made crock pots and tv dinners for. I'd take my own car and just say, "Anyone riding with me is in it for the long haul, I'll probably all day so plan accordingly."
I had a friend that used to ride with me to BOM's and that's what I told her. One day she said, "I have to go straight home today, my husband invited his son and family over today." I turned the car around right then and took her home. I told her to drive herself because I had grocery shopping and other shopping to do.
I've been so busy I haven't taken many pix. :oops: But I'll try to take some of the fabric when I get home.
Bandit had gone home for the day right before we got there so we'll try again tomorrow. We hit a lot of the touristy shops downtown and had browsing in the 90+ degree weather. Feels good to be back in air conditioning.
Rapture, I'm so happy to hear how you handled your friend. Last winter I took a friend with me to Yuma, Az. which is about a 2-3 hr. drive. She never gets to do anything she wants when she goes with her hubby so we had a girls' day out. Nobody goes to Yuma without going across the border into a sm. Mexican town which isn't really a town but a grp. of open shops.

We got as far as the parking lot on this side when she said "I don't really want to go there so I'll sit in the car while you go over". I was stunned since I hadn't expected this. You can imagine how much fun I had. NOOOT. Then we spent the day hitting every dollar store & thrift shop in Yuma that she wanted to do. That's why I prefer going anywhere by myself. I don't mind putting myself out for people but I really felt abused that day.
I don't mind anyone riding with me but I tell them right up front, "You go with me, you go where I go. I don't mind stopping anywhere you need to stop but here's where I'm going...." Then I tell them that if their schedule doesn't fit into mine they can drive themselves or stay home.
One day that ex-friend and I went to an LQS about 1/2 an hour away. I purposely turned off my cell phone. We had only been there about 15 minutes when the owner handed her a phone and said, "Your husband is calling you." He called to tell her that he missed her and that he loved her!!!!! I was appalled!!! Who in the world does stuff like that????

BTW, we got home about 45 minutes ago, got the car unpacked, threw on some jammies and flopped.
Old 06-04-2010, 06:47 PM

Bandit had gone home for the day right before we got there so we'll try again tomorrow. We hit a lot of the touristy shops downtown and had browsing in the 90+ degree weather. Feels good to be back in air conditioning.[/quote]

We got as far as the parking lot on this side when she said "I don't really want to go there so I'll sit in the car while you go over". I was stunned since I hadn't expected this. You can imagine how much fun I had. NOOOT. Then we spent the day hitting every dollar store & thrift shop in Yuma that she wanted to do. That's why I prefer going anywhere by myself. I don't mind putting myself out for people but I really felt abused that day.[/quote]

I don't mind anyone riding with me but I tell them right up front, "You go with me, you go where I go. I don't mind stopping anywhere you need to stop but here's where I'm going...." Then I tell them that if their schedule doesn't fit into mine they can drive themselves or stay home.
One day that ex-friend and I went to an LQS about 1/2 an hour away. I purposely turned off my cell phone. We had only been there about 15 minutes when the owner handed her a phone and said, "Your husband is calling you." He called to tell her that he missed her and that he loved her!!!!! I was appalled!!! Who in the world does stuff like that????

I thought I had done this with my friend too but she sort of took over & I was so stunned I was in shock. She has been a special friend at a time when I really need it so I got through it. I sure won't do it again though.
I am shocked at that husb calling that woman while she was in the LQS. Maybe he wasn't her husb. How many husbands actually do that??? LOL
BTW, we got home about 45 minutes ago, got the car unpacked, threw on some jammies and flopped.[/quote]
Old 06-04-2010, 06:48 PM

Yikes, I can't believe how long my last msg. got since it dragged along sev. previous msgs. Sorry
Old 06-04-2010, 06:51 PM

I sure would love to see Marshalls ... see, touch, smell and buy, buy, BUY! :)
Old 06-04-2010, 06:54 PM

Her husband did EVERY time we went anywhere and it was usually on my cell phone burning my minutes up. Then they'd get into that "I love you", "I love you more", "No, I love you more" stuff that made me want to vomit. I've heard mothers do that with little kids but never grown ups that have been married for years. That has to be some kind of insecurity on a major level that I've never experienced.

Anyway, Marshalls was great, well worth the trip, give me a week or two and I'll be wanting to go back.