Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just got back from Marshall Dry Goods >

I just got back from Marshall Dry Goods

I just got back from Marshall Dry Goods

Old 06-05-2010, 08:41 AM
Power Poster

If my DH called me and pulled that crap when I had only been gone a couple hours, he would have good reason to miss me and his money. As my DH says to me, What's worse, they get to vote! LOL
Old 06-05-2010, 09:28 AM

This looks like a great weekend for us all to meet in Mountain View then go to Marshalls.

Annual Bean Fest and Great Arkansas Outhouse Race
Last Saturday in October
Old 06-05-2010, 11:55 AM

Hey Marsye...your pictures are great. You and Mark look so cute. You might want to snag that big chair for your new Log Cabin home :lol:
Old 06-05-2010, 11:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JanetM
Hey Marsye...your pictures are great. You and Mark look so cute. You might want to snag that big chair for your new Log Cabin home :lol:
You don't think it makes my butt look big?????
Old 06-05-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
Originally Posted by JanetM
You don't think it makes my butt look big?????
:lol: :lol: :lol: Not at all. I think I need a big chair :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-05-2010, 01:18 PM

Okay I give up and/or I missed something. Where is Marshalls? Just town and state will give me a clue. I love to travel and fabric is calling my name. If I didn't tell you before about my trip to Illinois, I will now. I bought so much fabric from 6 LQS that I mailed my dirty clothes home. I put fabric in my suitcase so I wouldn't lose it(paid $25 for airfare on the suitcase). Also insured my dirty clothes for $200 figuring that I could replace them and buy more fabric if necessary. Yes I'm Fabricnut.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fabricnut
Okay I give up and/or I missed something. Where is Marshalls? Just town and state will give me a clue. I love to travel and fabric is calling my name. If I didn't tell you before about my trip to Illinois, I will now. I bought so much fabric from 6 LQS that I mailed my dirty clothes home. I put fabric in my suitcase so I wouldn't lose it(paid $25 for airfare on the suitcase). Also insured my dirty clothes for $200 figuring that I could replace them and buy more fabric if necessary. Yes I'm Fabricnut.
Batesville, Ar :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-06-2010, 04:21 AM

What??? No cigarette hanging out your mouth?????? Funny, I had you pictured as older. LOL Is that Mark with you? And is that the chair outside of Wallace's?
Old 06-06-2010, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by Fabricnut
If you go in on Rte 14, go to the light, turn North, go to the 4th or 5th light, to Main St. anyway, turn left (it's right after the Kroger store on your right). Follow that road down until you see the big white sign on your left. It's several HUGE tan metal buildings, go in the one furthest to the West but also visit the one with the round red sign. In that one there's pallets and huge boxes full of rejects---some with misdyes, some with some rips, some with other problems. BUT if you buy the whole piece it's $1 a pound. That's approximately 25 cents a yard. I bought just over 29 1/2 lbs in there. I had so much fabric that I had to lay it out flat on the floor of my Jeep Grand Cherokee so that we'd have room for the suitcases. It was maybe a little over 6 inches deep, over the whole floor and I only spent a little less than $200.

If you were in Illinois, were you anywhere near East Central Il? If so, I hope you visited Threads of Time in Danville, Il. It is possitively the best all round LQS there is.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by raptureready
What??? No cigarette hanging out your mouth?????? Funny, I had you pictured as older. LOL Is that Mark with you? And is that the chair outside of Wallace's?
:lol: Yep, thats Goob. That pictures was taken in Broken Bow, OK at a log furniture store....similar to Wallaces.