Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just got back from Marshall Dry Goods >

I just got back from Marshall Dry Goods

I just got back from Marshall Dry Goods

Old 06-06-2010, 06:31 AM

I've shopped from Marshalls Dry goods online I bought quite a bit of fabric a a few years back. I needed more and contacted them, the next day they put more up on ebay and I purchased it. Very nice to deal business with and I hope some day to be able to walk through their doors and shop, shop, shop!!
Can't wait to see the pictures of your piurchase
Old 06-06-2010, 06:45 AM
Banned

Have fun with all your treasures. God bless. Penny
Old 06-06-2010, 11:47 AM

It'll be a day or two before I can post any pix. I'm leaving in about 2 hours to go to a Carol Doak trunk show at Threads of Time in Danville, spending the night and attending her workshop tomorrow. YEA!!!!! Had my fabs selected, purchased, washed, cut and labeled before I left so I'm all set. Oh, I still have to pack my clothes but all my sewing stuff is ready.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:08 AM

Is Marshall Dry Goods located only in Arkansas or are there more stores located in other states? Where in Arkansas is it located? I'd maybe like to make a trip from Alabama.
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Grandmama Pat
Is Marshall Dry Goods located only in Arkansas or are there more stores located in other states? Where in Arkansas is it located? I'd maybe like to make a trip from Alabama.
Bateville, Ar. It's on the South East corner of the Ozarks. I just figured up my yardage and divided that into the cost. I averaged approx. 95 cents a yard! Now, there will be some waste in that because I bought a 30 lbs of seconds in the other warehouse for a $1 a pound. I got 209 generous yards for $197 plus change. Some of the fabric was 2.99 a yard, some 3.99 a yard, some $1 a yard, some $1.95 a yard. Now that's not to say all their fabric is that price, just what I bought was. Some of it does run higher but I didn't get any of that. It's well worth the trip, especially if you are planning on going through that area. On the map it's North and a little East of Little Rock.
As far as I know that's the only place it is.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:06 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by raptureready
It'll be a day or two before I can post any pix. I'm leaving in about 2 hours to go to a Carol Doak trunk show at Threads of Time in Danville, spending the night and attending her workshop tomorrow. YEA!!!!! Had my fabs selected, purchased, washed, cut and labeled before I left so I'm all set. Oh, I still have to pack my clothes but all my sewing stuff is ready.
Still waitin' fer dem dar pixures :-o
Old 06-13-2010, 02:58 PM

I know, I'm bad about that. Somehow between school getting out, vacation, laundry, the Carol Doak thing, more laundry, dd's swim lessons, her party at church last night that I had to bake for, BOM meetings, paint club meetings, and Strips & Sraps club tomorrow seems like I can't get caught up on my rest enough to work on posting pix. I haven't even got them off the camera yet! Usually right after vacation I print my pix and down load them. Not this time, I must be getting old. I have gotten all 230 (approx) yards of fabric that I bought on vacation washed, dryed, folded and carried upstairs. Right now I'm making spaghetti then I have to get ready for my meeting tomorrow. Every year when school lets out it takes me awhile to adjust. This year's been worse than normal.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raptureready
I know, I'm bad about that. Somehow between school getting out, vacation, laundry, the Carol Doak thing, more laundry, dd's swim lessons, her party at church last night that I had to bake for, BOM meetings, paint club meetings, and Strips & Sraps club tomorrow seems like I can't get caught up on my rest enough to work on posting pix. I haven't even got them off the camera yet! Usually right after vacation I print my pix and down load them. Not this time, I must be getting old. I have gotten all 230 (approx) yards of fabric that I bought on vacation washed, dryed, folded and carried upstairs. Right now I'm making spaghetti then I have to get ready for my meeting tomorrow. Every year when school lets out it takes me awhile to adjust. This year's been worse than normal.
With nothing to do you must be bored! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-13-2010, 03:08 PM

I'm so bored that earlier, after getting home from church I sat down to sort some stuff I'm donating to the church rummage next weekend and halfway through fell asleep in my chair. When I woke up I still had one thing in one hand and one in the other. LOL
Old 06-13-2010, 03:16 PM
Power Poster

And what do you do in your spare time :wink: LOL