Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just ordered EQ 6 >

I just ordered EQ 6

I just ordered EQ 6

Old 05-27-2008, 03:08 PM
Power Poster

I am taking my laptop on my 4 1/2 hour flight, thought it would be fun to play with EQ then. Can't get into trouble stitiching and cutting up fabric this way in the plane :lol: 8) :lol:
Old 05-27-2008, 03:45 PM

hmmmm what a great idea. we are flying from RI to CA in July..... Now I have something to do....while DH 'tries' to keep DS (6) occupied...lol yeah right!!!
:mrgreen:
Old 05-27-2008, 04:35 PM

I'm anxiously awaiting all your adventures with EQ6.....I had EQ4 and now have EQ5, but to be honest have never made the time to actually appreciate it as a quilt program. I can draft a quilt etc. but to actually make the program an accessory of my quilting...no, I've not gone there. I really enjoy seeing what others are doing, and when I see what PatriceJ does with hers, I'm thinking, wow, no wonder they charge so much for these programs.....but still...I come home from work, do dinner....do the garden....do a little quilting....do the computer....and who has time for EQ....I better....or else :shock:
Old 05-27-2008, 05:00 PM

using EQ, i made 21 quilts in one day ... and didn't sew a stitch or cut an inch.
Sew Patrice... how many have you made with "material" & "cutting & sewing" that you used your EQ patterns as your quide? Probably hundreds right? :D

Congratulations Quilting Turtle!!! I'm very happy for you. Please let us know what you think about it. I think Patrice likes hers, right Patrice?
Old 05-28-2008, 03:21 AM

I looooooove my EQ software!! I havent' played with it for a bit now as I have been so busy working on sewing up my inventory to sell this season, but hopefully i will be back at it again real soon!

You will love it!! I still have lots to learn but you can get really caught up in what it can do!
Old 05-28-2008, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by RUTH CLARKE
Ok - will admit my ignorance ...

What is EQ actually? Is a piece of equipment or what?

What does it do and how good is it?

Sorry in South Africa we get USA fabric - 20 dollars a meter but haven't seen EQ or know anyone who has it.
$20 a meter??? OH MY GOSH!!
Do you want some care packages too?
I'm sure you would get some.
I'll send you one if you want!
Just give me your address! Would be happy to share some of my stash with you!!
Old 05-28-2008, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by DeeJays10
I have also made many, many quilts in EQ. Most are still there, but some are all sewn up and given away.

Donna
'

DeeJays
I am working on assembling a crazy patch quilt now with a photo in the middle of each 14" block. I am finding they hate having the iron near them and I have had to redo a few of them... Now I'm worried about washing the quilt when its done.....
I tried to use the fabric you can print on with your printer, but it turned out horribly. I ended up resorting to the Avery iron on transfers.. its the same stuff used to put on t-shirts and tote bags etc.
Can you give me any suggestions or advice??
Old 05-31-2008, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Aggi
DeeJays
I ended up resorting to the Avery iron on transfers.. its the same stuff used to put on t-shirts and tote bags etc.
Can you give me any suggestions or advice??
I use Bubble Jet Set now. I use to use the iron transfers, but they, as you said, don't like to be touched with the iron after setting on fabric and eventually with washing and drying they crack and peel.

I buy the full sized label sheets, trim the fabric a little larger, place on the sticky side of label sheet, turn it over and trim to make sure all fabric and threads are gone from beyond the label size. Then I run it through my printer. I use a graphic/photo program (Corel Draw/Photo) to adjust (Corel Photo) and print (Corel Draw) my photos. This way I can add photos, text or anything else I want. Let them dry well, take them off the label sheet and I usually let them set for 24 hours, iron on the back side, and then rinse them in woolite, very carefully. You have to make sure that one area doesn't touch the other, because there is some residue that will transfer, but usually only when you first put it in the water. Once the entire item is wet, it doesn't seem to transfer any more.

There are probably more people that can give you better info.

Good Luck,
Donna
Old 06-01-2008, 06:36 PM

Congrats on your new program, has it arrived yet, bet you can't wait for it to get there. I have EQ5 and really love it, particularly for testing out design possablities and no more colouring in bits of paper like I used to :P
Old 06-01-2008, 06:51 PM

Mine should be here tomorrow, I'm so excited.