Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just pre ordered EQ7 >

I just pre ordered EQ7

I just pre ordered EQ7

Old 04-30-2010, 08:21 PM

My husband just placed an order for EQ6 for my birthday and was offered a pre-order of EQ7 at $142 if I could wait until June. They said EQ7 would be $189 if ordered when it was available. I can wait! I don't have any version of EQ, so this will be a fun thing for me.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:03 PM

I just ordered the upgrade from EQ 6 to 7 this morning (opps, yesterday morning here on the east coast.) I can hardly wait! I have just begun learning 6 which I got for Christmas, this version sounds more user friendly and has the kaleidoscope feature too. I also like the more user friendly installation and multiple computer feature.

Do you get the "how-to" manual with 7 like you did with 6?
Old 04-30-2010, 09:47 PM
Power Poster

Rose,

To PM, first click on the person's name to the left of his/her post. That will bring up a page of information that includes "Send PM" in blue. Click on that to send a private message to the person.

Someone has probably already PM'd you with this info. To check your private messages, click on "Private Messages" at the top right header.
Old 05-01-2010, 03:27 AM

Thanks to BellaBoo, I just placed my order for the upgrade! While I'm waiting for it to arrive, I will be updating my fabric library so that means taking lots of pics :)
Old 05-01-2010, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

Now I have to go check this out!!! I recently upgraded from 5 to 6....(big sigh...should have done more homework before doing that obviously)

What are the major differences between 6 and 7??? The one BIG thing that pushed you over the edge to buy 7???? (And yes, I'm going to look at the website now, but I was wondering what YOUR take on it was...what made it worth the $ for you???)
Old 05-01-2010, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Now I have to go check this out!!! I recently upgraded from 5 to 6....(big sigh...should have done more homework before doing that obviously)

What are the major differences between 6 and 7??? The one BIG thing that pushed you over the edge to buy 7???? (And yes, I'm going to look at the website now, but I was wondering what YOUR take on it was...what made it worth the $ for you???)
How recently sandpat, maybe you should give them a call and they may work with you.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:25 AM

Thank you, for the heads up.
I ordered today.
Great new features.
Diana
Old 05-01-2010, 06:44 AM
Power Poster

I like the idea of being able to take pics of my actual fabric and play with them in the design, as I have never been able to scan in - my scanner is attached to my very elderly computer that I don't use any more. But the biggy for me is that it's transferrable to any computer for life! Having moved EQ from elderly computer to laptop to new netbook, I had run out of moves.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by shaverg

How recently sandpat, maybe you should give them a call and they may work with you.
Nah...I bought it off of ebay and I've used it some, just not a ton as I haven't really had the time lately to go through the lessons. It sounds like the pre-order $ for the upgrade is pretty darn reasonable...
Old 05-01-2010, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by shaverg

Nah...I bought it off of ebay and I've used it some, just not a ton as I haven't really had the time lately to go through the lessons. It sounds like the pre-order $ for the upgrade is pretty darn reasonable...
It really is. I have always bought the upgrades since the early 90's I think then I got an upgrade for $39. This is the most reasonable I have seen it. Definitely worth it. I can't wait. I don't use mine as much as I should. So each time I open it I have to basically start from scratch. Hopefully this will be a little less complicated. I still love it.