Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I just want you to know >

I just want you to know

I just want you to know

Old 04-06-2011, 11:32 AM

Awesome!
Old 04-06-2011, 11:58 AM

KayKwilts:
I, too, find this board so friendly and nice! My experience with quilters is BIG since I joined our guild years ago and have met so many nice people who quilt. They share more than any other group of artists I have known. A lot of "artists" keep their techniques secret, but quilters share knowledge, fabric, tools, and most of all they share themselves and their love. I am glad you have this new fried. God bless quilters!!!
Old 04-06-2011, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by kaykwilts
I posted on my Facebook page this morning...something that I don't do too often....about how quilters are really some of the nicest people..

A woman that I met here on this board is turning into one of the nicest people I have ever met....upon talking through a few emails, she invited me to a guild workshop, lunch, and to a shop hop. She offered to do all the driving, and refused gas money(no small thing is this day and age)...she has openly shared her life with me, her passions, jokes, laughter, and her sorrows...even some of the mistakes she has made...she is so transparent and is such a kind and fun person.

And just last night, out of the clear blue, she called and insisted that she come over and help me with the "wild hair" that hit me last week....one of my son's is getting married this Saturday....I decided I had to have 72 Friendship Album blocks ready for the guests to sign. (I will set them into a quilt top while they are on their honeymoon)......she will be coming tomorrow (and is bringing fresh eggs from her hens)....and all because she just wants to help..I mean, she isn't getting anything out of the deal....just wants to help....

And I am amazed...........I have looked for this attitude in friends before, and not found it.

Only in quilters have I seen this unabashed desire to help, be a blessing, console, and encourage.

So, to all of you here, who spread your positive encouragement, your smiley faces :-), your laughter and caring attitude...

This quilter says thank you.......it is you quilters who have "restored" my faith in mankind....... :thumbup:
You are so lucky to find someone like that, please clone her and send her my way.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:20 PM

I have met some real nice ladies on mesage boards and we keep in touch which I really cherish. :)
Old 04-06-2011, 12:51 PM

I, too have made some wonderful friendships on this board.
What a wonderful post.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:15 PM

We have a lot of people like that here in Minnesota Nice. Glad you found some with a good heart.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:49 PM

Ditto, Ditto, Ditto. I have directed other quilters to this site and they love the people here too.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:55 PM

I agree! I've had a few moments where I've misjudged someone and they've been horrible to me and my family. When I feel like maybe I want to reach out again - its to a fellow quilter!!! Is it in the genes?
I'm glad you all are there!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by kaykwilts
This quilter says thank you.......it is you quilters who have "restored" my faith in mankind....... :thumbup:
Amen! Quilters are the best :thumbup: And the quilters here are the cream of the crop :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 04-06-2011, 03:17 PM

What beautiful people you both must be. Sometimes it is the littlest things that bring so much joy. It was meant to be for the two of you to find each other. May your friendship last forever.