Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I made a Pixel Portrait Quilt of Tom Hiddleston - Need help finishing >

I made a Pixel Portrait Quilt of Tom Hiddleston - Need help finishing

I made a Pixel Portrait Quilt of Tom Hiddleston - Need help finishing

Old 03-20-2014, 02:49 PM

You can make a quilt out of it, with layering and quilting, but this is a magnificent work of fabric ART. You are so talented I want to cry, but keep on doing what you love. I have a friend who is a "fabric artist" also, and I am just blown away at the patience, talent and work you do. Love shows through what you do!! I would have no idea how it should be quilted, but perhaps subtle brush strokes.... I cannot imagine what could enhance it. Blessings dear one!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:09 PM

First..WOW!!!
Second...if you have it longarmed, a good longarmer could emphasize areas like cheekbones, eyes, etc...if you want it just to stay as is, I would block it , then use an iron on stabilizer...if it is heavy (as you say), then use a heavy stabilizer...and then just bind it and hang it.
You have a great quilting future ahead of you!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 03:16 PM

Why didn't you start withsomething spectacularly difficult, like a nine patch? You have to get this piece quilted because it will pull loose from its own weight. Welcome to the board from N Texas. froggyintexas
Old 03-20-2014, 03:31 PM

Job well done!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:06 PM

I have no advice, just admiration. You go girl!

Wow.

Alison
Old 03-20-2014, 04:20 PM

Definitely it needs to be quilted to stabilize it and also enhance the wonderful work you've done. It is magnificent!! Generally quilting would use skin tone threads where suitable to create dimension to the face, in other area such as the hair suitable colors of threads could be used or perhaps a dark monofilament thread (one with low sheen). For the shirt the same method of quilting can be applied..serving to enhance but in no way diminish your work.
If this is your first quilt goodness only knows what your quilting future holds! Your are an artist with the patience of a saint. Thank you for sharing. Please consider showing this piece of art once it's been quilted. People will so enjoy seeing your labor of love.

I remember seeing a quilt of the Last Supper done by a gentleman..it was totally awesome, it also had an unbelievable numbers of tiny squares!!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:58 PM

I had mentioned earlier that I had seen this quilt years ago at MQX in New Hampshire. I did a Google search for The Lord's Last Supper quilt and here is the link to it..It was made by Donald E Locke

http://www.thesupper.net/
Old 03-20-2014, 05:08 PM

AMAZING! ....................................... I just had to show DH and he said,"First quilt, nothing like hitting a home run your first time up to bat" (we are a baseball family).
Old 03-20-2014, 05:43 PM

That is the most amazing thing I've ever seen! I'm speechless!
Old 03-21-2014, 03:05 AM

LauraLynn-Your pieced work is beautiful! I have done 3 pixel tops, so I speak from little experience. This is what I do and so far it has worked. I used French fusible knit stabilizer, I've found as wide as 60" wide on the internet so two pieces sewn side by side would work great. Once I stabilized with the fusible knit, I created a matting and frame effect around them. The matting and frame work I've done in scale according to the size of the different pieced works. Hope this works. Continue the great work!