Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I missed the quilt show >

I missed the quilt show

I missed the quilt show

Old 10-02-2015, 08:45 AM

I am lucky to live in the Houston area, so I take the week off from work and sign up for classes as soon as I can. I always go on Sunday, because some of the vendors discount their stuff rather than packing it up and carting it back. One year my sister bought 7 King size batts from W&N for $100 plus tax. I think that worked out to about $16 each. I got a small Tutto for $75 two years ago and last year, I got a medium for $150 . Of course, they don't match, but color's not that important compared to the price.

I have a fractured spinal vertebra and can't stay on my feet for long stretches, so I usually rent a Scoot-a-round for Friday and Saturday and sometimes Sunday. It's one of the things I budget for each year and is so worth it.

You might want to check with your LQSs and see if they are sponsoring a bus. My sister did one a few years ago from an LQS in Missouri. They provided the bus, hotel rooms, breakfast (hotel) and dinner 3 evenings and tickets for Friday & Saturday. She had already been checking out airfares, and the total cost of the bus trip was less than the lowest airfare she could find.