Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: I need a fabric fix!

I haven't bought fabric in oh so long! I won't even go in the store right now cause I know I'd just be miserable looking and not being able to buy! So I've done the next best thing. Found the cheapest squares I could on ebay and got a few of them. Now in a week or so I get to oooh and aaaah over fabric and just touch it. And I didn't spend too much! One day though we will win the lottery...or all the kids will move out and money won't be an issue and I can just go and look and buy.

If you are near me I will share fabric.
    PM me

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    Oh gosh, I know the feeling. Not that I need anymore. :)

I know just how you feel. Sometimes I just go to the fabric store to touch. It helps some.

Well I only bought sets that were either 99 cents or $1 and they will combine shipping so I'm still under less than $10. I don't think that's too bad for 100 different squares.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like a good deal to me.

Blog Entries
    It is extremly hard to work part-time in my LQS because it is hard to be around all of it and not get it...LOL. It calls my name. I have decided in the month of May I am not buying any fabric....I hope it ends soon! LOL I have enough..trust me..it is just that I LOVE all the new stuff that comes in.

Blog Entries
    I know what you mean... sometimes just having even a small amount of new fabric is enough :D:D:D I think we all dream about winning that lottery!!! LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by charismah
    It is extremly hard to work part-time in my LQS because it is hard to be around all of it and not get it...LOL. It calls my name. I have decided in the month of May I am not buying any fabric....I hope it ends soon! LOL I have enough..trust me..it is just that I LOVE all the new stuff that comes in.
    I could never work in a lqs cause I wouldn't bring home a pay check. Fabric all the time and wind up with a divorce

We are all love the feel of fabric. I haven't bought much lately either. Maybe it is the summertime coming.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ginnie6
    Well I only bought sets that were either 99 cents or $1 and they will combine shipping so I'm still under less than $10. I don't think that's too bad for 100 different squares.
    What size squares did you buy? Perhaps I have an over abundance of the same size and could share some with you. Penni

Aw, glad you found some! Post something on the wanted, I bet alot of us might be able to share some squares if you need something special! I would look through my stash too!

Blog Entries
    I haven't bought fabric in oh so long! I won't even go in the store right now cause I know I'd just be miserable looking and not being able to buy! So I've done the next best thing. Found the cheapest squares I could on ebay and got a few of them. Now in a week or so I get to oooh and aaaah over fabric and just touch it. And I didn't spend too much! One day though we will win the lottery...or all the kids will move out and money won't be an issue and I can just go and look and buy.
    Gosh dont I know the feeling. I am currently a student and schooling in itself is SO expensive but on top of that my DH and I have 4 kids (and an abused dog we rescued) All of the summer fabrics are so beautiful. I wish I had the money to spend but the kids are always needing something!!!

Banned
    I know exactly how you feel, so your not alone. I only sew with fabric given to me, otherwise I don't sew at all. I'm so glad you were able to buy some.

thanks ya'll. I bought 4x4 squares. Not sure what I'll do with them yet but I'll figure something out and it satisfied that urge to have some new fabric.

Power Poster
    . ...or all the kids will move out and money won't be an issue and I can just go and look and buy.
    That's what I was HOPING would happen . . . . . .

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    . ...or all the kids will move out and money won't be an issue and I can just go and look and buy.
    That's what I was HOPING would happen . . . . . .
    LOL same here!!! Only....my kids are 11,10,9,8 ROFL so I think I still have awhile to go ;)

well we've got a 21 yo, a 19yo and a 13, 11, 8 and 5 yo.....apparently none of them are ever moving out. At least that's what they say.

Blog Entries
    LOL Oh boy! *hugs* I cant imagine feeding them all let alone anything else!!!

Power Poster
    Sometimes "stuff" happens - and then they need help - even when they are "adults"

There is nothing wrong with adult children living at home, if they pay rent or help with utilities and groceries. Especially if they are single. I do understand the fabric. I just spent close to 50 to get some fabric and went to the quilt shop and found 4 more bolts to use in a quilt. there goes about 100 more dollars. It is too addicting and intoxicating going into fabric stores and LQS's. I have about 19 or so years to go till mine could move out.

I have been cleaning out my stash and will continue work on reducing the material I have on hand. Sooooooooo if any of you ladies would like some of what I have PM me with color preferences and I will send some of what I am cleaning out to you. Could be strips, squares, fat quarters or even yardage. Just remember to pass it forward when I send you material. Would like it if you would make a signed 12 1/2 square for me!

SC IS MY HOME STATE, BUT I HAVE BEEN TRANSPLANTED TO ALABAMA IN MY GOLDEN YEARS. WOULD YOU MIND TELLING ME WHERE IN SC YOU ARE LOCATED? (CAN SEND LOCATION BY PRIVATE MESSAGE). IF YOU ARE IN THE GREENVILLE AREA, I COULD SEND YOU SOME FABRIC BY MY DAUGHTER WHEN SHE COMES TO VISIT (LIVES IN GREER). I HAVE A HUGE SUPPLY - MORE THAN I WILL EVER BE ABLE TO USE.

Is anyone interested in starting a trading group of some sort for those times we just "need" some new fabric? I am also on a strict budget and get terrible withdrawls.

I'm in Fort Mill which is just below Charlotte. I think a group to trade would be a neat idea! I know for us this year (well actually the last 3) have just been extremely rough. It seems that regardless of how much dh works the bills just keep getting higher.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast