Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I need to find value of a Janome 4612TM sewing machine

Jim
    I found a Janome 4612TM and need to find the value so I can determine if I want to buy it. I searched online but, didn't find anything about it. I know it was purchased in 2004 new and hasn't been used. It's being offered for $100 and I just don't want to pay more for it than it's worth. Thanks for any help, Jim

That machine is very similar to one Janome tends to keep in their lineup (TB-12, HD1000, L-108, etc.). I've had several incarnations myself, and like all of them. If the mechanical Janomes could move the needle to the right (instead of just center and left), I'd say it was a nearly perfect machine. I wouldn't be disturbed about paying $100, but I'd be happier to pay $75.

I tried a search for you and couldn't find any pricing. It is supposedly similar to the Hello Kitty machine and is in the travel mate category. I believe it has about 14 different stitches and is plastic so lightweight. Depending on your needs it sounds like it might be a good machine to take to classes. Try googling "opinions about Janome 4612TM" and there are vague descriptions that might be helpful to you. Sorry I wasn't able to find more info for you.

I found one on-line quote of $149 for a new machine.

http://www.sewingmachineoutlet.com/jtn.htm

Quote Originally Posted by akrogirl
    I found one on-line quote of $149 for a new machine.

http://www.sewingmachineoutlet.com/jtn.htm
    Wow, For the extra 50 bucks. I would want the warranty in my name. I'd go for the new one...JMHO :thumbup:

Jim
    Thanks Everyone,...I found it online, it's relatively close to me and its not a machine that I have to have, just a good name brand and it as a fair price I thought..but I think I am gonna see how low he will go with it...I really wasnt looking to buy another one but, would it be a good travel machine