Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need help with dark teal green >

I need help with dark teal green

I need help with dark teal green

Old 09-07-2010, 03:44 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

How do you feel about batiks? They can bring in a variety of shades from teal green to teal blue plus, well, whatever colors are in the mix.

Here's a picture of one that we have. It's by Hoffman, and the rep just stopped by today and they have a whole new group of batiks in the works with very similar teal hues, and similar accent colors. Their lines of batiks flow so effortlessly, so you can add lighter colors or whatever you want.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-113320.jpe  
Old 09-07-2010, 06:21 PM

What accent colors do they use in their home? Personally, I agree with the ones who, said peaches, creams. pinks or lilacs. I think soft colors are the ticket.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by patchitpat
I have been wanting to make a quilt for my daughter and her husband. However she has painted their room a dark teal green. Everything I put beside it doesn't look good and I want to stay away from browns and beige. If it was teal blue it would be wonderful with turquoise but this dark teal green just throws me for a loop. I don't have a pattern in mind either so any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much. Have a great day, early fall up here in Maine :)
Try using the link below you move the dial to your color then click on the buttons above it to find contrasting, complimentary colors, etc.
http://colorschemedesigner.com/
Old 09-07-2010, 08:18 PM

Thats a great link Kristen, thanks for posting it!
Old 09-07-2010, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by raksmum
Thats a great link Kristen, thanks for posting it!
U r welcome. I love playing on that thing when making a quilt it's really helpful.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:10 AM

I think I would try white and an aquamarine--maybe some silver. It really depends on what you are calling dark teal--more greenish or more blueish will change my design completely. I also like the lavender/lilac idea.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:30 AM

This is an overdue thankyou but I have been in the hospital with a minor stroke. Thankyou all for taking the time to answer my questions. I have decided that I will use the monochromes of greens/blues together and try to incorporate them with a border with same colors. I want it to be a scrappy quilt as I've collected the teals for a while. Now I just need advice on what pattern to use. I'm in the process now of finishing up a quilt for my son thats done in all the fall colors and I'm calling it falling leaves, its pattern is half log cabins, and don't want to go that pattern for the one for my daughter. Thank you again so much for all of your help, I'll post the new one in a few days, God willing. Have a great day xxx
Old 09-23-2010, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by patchitpat
This is an overdue thankyou but I have been in the hospital with a minor stroke. Thankyou all for taking the time to answer my questions. I have decided that I will use the monochromes of greens/blues together and try to incorporate them with a border with same colors. I want it to be a scrappy quilt as I've collected the teals for a while. Now I just need advice on what pattern to use. I'm in the process now of finishing up a quilt for my son thats done in all the fall colors and I'm calling it falling leaves, its pattern is half log cabins, and don't want to go that pattern for the one for my daughter. Thank you again so much for all of your help, I'll post the new one in a few days, God willing. Have a great day xxx
Glad to hear you are better!
Old 09-23-2010, 12:26 PM

Thank you so very very much! I'm on the mend.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:54 PM

If you need an accent color for your blues and greens, I think red might add a touch of interest, and I know that red looks good with some teal greens.