Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need Help :o >

I need Help :o

I need Help :o

Old 04-08-2010, 03:21 PM

It just keeps looking better and better!

I absolutely adore what you are doing with that dragon!
Old 04-09-2010, 12:54 PM

I'm planning to do the traponto to the clowds on the left side panel as I did on the ones with the dragon. I still have the Red with the black symbols to put on as well. My wife has a coworker that can explain what they mean, she is getting it all wrote down tonight.
I got a book called "Pieced Curved (so simple) It shows how to put holes in fabric and place another piece in from behind seam it up and it looks like it was put there at the start. I think maybe another dragon might magicly make it in the quilt. I wanted to make the outside Black to look kind of orental, and with the whole thing offset The black and red outer border fives it that look I think The symbols are going to have a shodowbox frame around them then placed in the three left side pieces in a tombulling this way and that way to give it some motion... Any thoughts?
Old 04-09-2010, 12:58 PM

I think it would be impossible for me to cut into that dragon fabric. It is so gorgeous. Goodness. I am so anxious to see how it turns out. I am going to bookmark this so I will see the finished product.
I notice your fabric is in packages. Is that common in your area? Just wondering.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by dsb38327
I think it would be impossible for me to cut into that dragon fabric. It is so gorgeous. Goodness. I am so anxious to see how it turns out. I am going to bookmark this so I will see the finished product.
I notice your fabric is in packages. Is that common in your area? Just wondering.
Jo Ann fabrics had it on sale for the holly-days, real cheap, so I got one of each color. I think they call them mini bolts. In three yard pkgs. After I washed them I put them up to the lite and did not see any spots or iregularities in the weave. I was suprised of the quality...
Old 04-11-2010, 08:05 PM

Here is a little more work. I made up these mini quilts with the the squares and plan to put them on about where they are sitting now with a sattin stitch. The translation is I, Good Manner Virtue, Wind. I guess all of them words could relate to the dragon. I put cotton batting behind the black squares so I can outline the red and give it a traponto look to them and some texture as well. At least I hope it will...
Attached Thumbnails attachment-53857.jpe   attachment-53858.jpe   attachment-53859.jpe  
Old 04-12-2010, 08:07 PM

Here is the next step. I attached the squares after quilting them with the red stich around them. It gives the edges a little free movement and a look like they are just sitting there.

Full view up on the wall
[ATTACH=CONFIG]55540[/ATTACH]

Colse up of the squares
[ATTACH=CONFIG]55541[/ATTACH]

this is the word (WIND) so I put swerlies in it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]55542[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-55540.jpe   attachment-55541.jpe   attachment-55542.jpe  
Old 04-12-2010, 08:18 PM

Wow!!! Fantastic! :thumbup:
Old 04-12-2010, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie
Wow!!! Fantastic! :thumbup:
Hi EDDIE What's up? I'm glad to see you comment on my work. Everyone has such high reguards for you work.
Old 04-12-2010, 08:28 PM

Oh, right now I'm quilting some old vintage quilt tops for a friend. Just doing some free-motion quilting on them, nothing spectacular. Then I pop in here and see your phenomenal work! Wow!
Old 04-12-2010, 08:41 PM

Thanks for the confendence. This is the first one I trying to do free-motion on. It's scary how the mach can take on a life of it's own and just go where it wants. But this piece is a throcover for our rockn' love seat. I have had it for 24 years and I found two of them setting next to a dumster. This one's under carrege was busted up and the outhe one had paint poured all over it. (I liked to do woodwork before my OA took over my life) So I took apart the bottom of this one to figger out the workings and then put the goog bottom on the good top. Everybody that sits it in loves it. I've had offers to buy it. Just won't sell it. It does need to be redone, One good thing about me making thie for it is I kept adding on till it was big enough. Ha! Ha!