Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need help >

I need help

I need help

Old 11-07-2010, 06:19 PM

I know were not supose to work on sunday ,but is sewing really work? for me it is . I have a touch tronic by singer it's almost 30 yrs old , but I only use it for fancy stitches and it has a walking foot so I put bindings on my quilts . To day I could just throw in ! I won't wind the bobin and I just has it serviced 6mo ago , I know if I take it in there will be just something I'am not doing right anyone have any ideas?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:29 PM

Do you still have the owner's manual? You might be able to find the answer there. Do you have to loosen the wheel to wind your bobbin? Some of the older machines work that way. Good luck, don't give up. I don't think there is anything wrong with sewing on Sunday, some of us get our best rest that way. :thumbup: :)
Old 11-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Cyn

When I worked at a quilt shop that sold machines and someone called in with a problem, I always told them to unthread the machine, get the manual no matter that you Know you can thread it blindfolded and re thread the machine, bobbin and all. Most of the time, the problem was solved so I take my own advice and always try this first. Just a thought. It's free and simple :)
Old 11-08-2010, 03:52 PM

I've tried all that . Called today to get in in to the fix-shop. thanks for the ideas.