Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I need a small table to sit my machine on in the family room >

I need a small table to sit my machine on in the family room

I need a small table to sit my machine on in the family room

Old 04-17-2010, 07:46 AM

Wouldn't be easier to move the TV into the sewing room?........LOL
Old 04-17-2010, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by puck116
How much do you want to spend? I bought this small table that my machine sits into by Roberts Tables. http://www.sewvacdirect.com/roberts299w.html

It does fold also if you need to store it when not using.
I found one just like this at a yard sale last fall for $20.00. Then I had inserts made for each one of my machines. It's just the right height for me too. I was just in the right place at the right time that day lol!! This elderly lady was going into assisted living and was letting all of her things go....I got 3 wall quilts that I've since quilted, 10 applique sampler blocks that still have to be sashed, bordered and sandwiched plus lots of fabric. She did lovely work. The funny thing about all of this was it was completely unplanned on my part. Just a small sale on the side of the road and a quick decision to stop.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by lovespuppies
I have a sewing room, and a sewing cabinet for my machine but would appreciate any suggestions for a small table I can use in the family room so I can spend more time with my husband. Thanks in advance
My sweet, sweet husband built me a table when I expressed liking to sew in the living room so I could be with him. We had previously purchased folding table legs for some reason. So, he went in his workshop and glued 1" x 2" pine together to make a butcher block style table top and attached the folding legs. He happened to have left over black walnut so that is what he put around the outside edge of the table top. Now, we can put it away if we are having a big crowd or move onto our deck for outside use. :-P
Old 04-17-2010, 04:26 PM

I travel with a wooden folding TV table (red neck end table) for my machine with an extenda table on it, and another folding TV tray, covered with batting and muslin, for pressing. Sturdy, does not vibrate with full size machine on it. Have used it in many places.
Old 04-17-2010, 06:27 PM

I stopped a garage sale just yesterday and bought an adorable old desk. It has 3 drawers on the left side and the top is just perfect for my machine. It also looks nice since all my "stuff" is put away in the drawers..
Old 04-17-2010, 06:34 PM

Costco has a couple of small tables with folding legs. I take
this in the camper. use a place mat stabilizer or something like a cut yogo mat on top of the table to muffle noise and keep your machine from slipping. this is when a Featherweight
really comes in handy. so small and quiet !
Old 04-17-2010, 09:22 PM

I got a SewEzi Table for my birthday this last year. I love how it is portable, folds up, slips into a zippered carrying case and it has wheels. I can take it to the other rooms with ease, take it to class, or even in the RV. It even has a clear insert available to make your table into a light box. I got mine from Barbara Huthmacher, she is the distributor for the USA:

http://www.seweziusa.com/
Old 04-17-2010, 09:24 PM
Banned

I sew in my living room, I have one of those desk craftybear has, they fold right up into a cabnit. Penny
Old 04-17-2010, 09:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PennyG
I got a SewEzi Table for my birthday this last year. I love how it is portable, folds up, slips into a zippered carrying case and it has wheels. I can take it to the other rooms with ease, take it to class, or even in the RV. It even has a clear insert available to make your table into a light box. I got mine from Barbara Huthmacher, she is the distributor for the USA:

http://www.seweziusa.com/
That is really neat, thank you for sharing the site. Penny
Old 04-17-2010, 10:47 PM

I have actually taken small inexpensive book cases , removed the back and the extra middle shelves and used them for tables. You can get them for as little as $10